CYUL - MTPP on AC triple3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYUL - MTPP on AC triple3

Ok, its late but, we should not forget about Haiti, at no time of our day. So I started my 330-300 for disaster operations enroute Port au Prince. These are the shots, part I. Part II follows, if it's possible for me, in autumn '10.

We climb out of Dorval, 100% South heading.

-
    A nice garden, ca 10 kilometres away from the cockpit...

-
    This one is familiar, and it's one waypoint enroute to MTPP!

-
    Air Canada Ice in its full beauty

-
    Motion Study 01

-
    Motion Study 02

The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Cool! I flew back on the actual ACA 333 that flew to Haiti (LHR-YOW) this summer.
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Haiti again, Part II. Probably, the airport at Port au Prince is in service again, so we'll try to use the airport and we'll see what they need.

Does not yet seem like Caribbean sun...

-
      Here comes the sun... , but yet some miles to go.

-
      This is the island, Hispaniola

-
      From this point you don't see what the earthquake has destroyed (I saw it on TV.... ..).

-
      Welcome to Port au Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan-Jasinski View Post
        Cool! I flew back on the actual ACA 333 that flew to Haiti (LHR-YOW) this summer.
        Oh mate, this thread deserves an update. I deleted the pictures, as it's from the day before yesterday.
        I still own AC-triple3 (by CLS), but there are a/c that better fit for an advanced aviation enthusiast...
        e.g.
        pmdg B772LR fsx, which I don't own (yet).
        flytampa is always on my list, but they provide at least 3 brilliant fsx airports:
        Dubai
        Dorval
        Sint Maarten fsx Complete.

So, where should I continue with flytampa? I am a flytampa enthusiast since KBOS fs9 flytampa freeware. And since Kai Tak fsx, George is really my mate.
        LH-B742 at Kai Tak, my contemporary.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2013-09-11, 20:32. Reason: insert the correct link...

Comment

Well.

Nobody dares to recommend a destination?

Ok. I've recently rediscovered my FSDT O'Hare fsx v2.1, with a B742 (by CLS), and this airport is not connected with Dubai... This is our ex-Yankee XRay, and she once didn't get a name? No name, no StarAlliance banner, thus we know when this photo was shot..

It seems that names were first introduced with my avatar, D-ABV_ ...
          And it bothers me that my avatar is not available as pmdg B744X livery until today. So, my B744X has a different reg, I'll upload her in a few hours.

So, my next destination seems to be clear, UA to this cute little island, beginning with T in the four letter identifier...

PS: Until today, I'm only using three manufacturers, FSDT, Aerosoft and flyTampa for payware fsx airports, and I won't dare to publish a ranking.. You know what's been used in this post. I'll add the other two manufacturers soon.

PSII: To come back on topic, the B742 was available in the classic AC colours, i.e. maple Red, in contrast to my avatar. And there are at least two facts why I love the B742, and the B74SP.
          Both are as old as me , and both 747s have a very handy wingspan, 59,6 metres.

Today, not so many intercontinental jets save space (my avatar not either), the triple3 is one of them with 60,3 metres.
          And the triple3 (in AC ice colours) is one of only two AC jets which I own in my msfs hangar.
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2013-09-19, 00:45. Reason: T N _ _ /...oops, this is 1600x900. Is that too large? :-D

Comment

Still the same alliance...

But a different manufacturer. I've changed from
            the CLS triple3

to precision manuals. For Canadian and German pilots that means, more super long haul than "only around the corner",
            rather 5000 nmi than 4000.

Canada is surprisingly near. Nevertheless, it is a "pmdg route". They provide us with
            AC-B773ER (I don't fly her)
            and...

LH-B744 (I fly her).

For all "seniors" , who know that AC once was a 747 operator, there also exists a
            AC-B744 in "AC Ice" ! But I don't fly her (yet).

Why am I writing? Well. I like to fly that route again. You can expect new pictures.

Comment

What does a quiz master do if nobody knows the answer?

Well, he provides the solution, not necessarily 2 years after the question, but... hey, the www makes it possible.

I have used a UA-B742 simulator from KORD to
              "this little island with the TN _ _" identifier.

TNCM is the correct answer.

And my avatar? Well, even when I'm giving you the original, you probably can't really read her name.

D-ABVD. Boeing 747-430. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Her name was
              LH-B744 "D-ABVD", born May 15th 1990. She has retired since a few years.

Comment

Pictures

Hi LH-B744
                I see you started this thread along time ago
                I can't open any of your older pictures
                Regards
                Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ebo77 View Post
                  Hi LH-B744
                  I see you started this thread along time ago
                  I can't open any of your older pictures
                  Regards
                  Ian
                  Hm. The reason might be, I was a little bit evil and deleted some ... Can U forgive an old man?

I mean, I operate bedroom simulators since the year 2004. I don't wanna show outdated pictures. But let me try something, I find out the newest pic that I uploaded here. And I show you the way to it.

Comment

Hm. jp uses a new software, which reduces the size of forum pictures to..

[a maximum which is set by the owner of this website (only a rough guess).] not quite.
                    the size of your browser window. My newest pictures are 1600x900. And AJ still shows them in full size. Thank You, AJ.

My newest pictures are here (BCN-DUS), ... and they are six months old? I have newer ones.... ..... ... .

And I have an AC-B744, which expects her first flight in 2016...

Kind regards to "the island"! ["Von der Insel" in German most of the time means "made in GB"]

BCN - DUS:
                    LH-B744 en route in Europe, on a special mission.... ...
                    Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-01-12, 03:22. Reason: a special mission

Comment

When grumpy old men start to tell stories...

Wow. They still exist...

http://www.commerciallevel.com/

My very first fs9 experiences (and quite disrespectful for a newbie, which I was 12 years before), one of my very first flight attempts was:

The default Cessna fs9, beamed to the most easy airport which I've known at that time...
                      LOWI.

Only a few months later, I began with payware. And CLS was my first address. And they were the reason that, because of their precision manuals (another story, a few years later), I could win a screenshot contest, in a

LH triple 3 (made by CLS).

Today we know one or two airports more,
                      Kai Tak, Courchevel, Meribel altiport, ... et cetera

And CLS was also the reason that I have learned to love the 747 as
                      Mr Joe Sutter (* 1921)
                      has invented it.

A visual landing on Colombias Eldorado airport with a LH-B742 (made by CLS and performed by a simulator pilot with his two hands and two feet, without a bunch of computers),
                      I don't know if I could do that now again in a B742. But that was exciting and challenging. No computer for the AGL/DME relation,
                      i.e. your brain was in action!

Who needs a Concorde if you can have a 747?

Comment

You better don't use your smartphone to cross a river (in the front left seat of a car). And you better trust your look outside the window when your instruments show something else... Why do I write this. Well.

Even in a B744 simulator, you might have a situation where one of your displays "freeze". Now, you know two things:
                        - this is a good simulator, and
                        - a decision has to be made. Do you trust your look outside the window, or do you trust this frozen display?

The result is important. Three greens. The display came back to life after a while, and ALL the tires hit the rwy. But aviation/weather sometimes also pampers us.

MTPP - CYUL on AC-B744 (and yes, I know the 2016 AC fleet, let us be a little bit creative...). The question is, do you know the correct a/c type? Afaik, it should be a B763ER. But which one is more beautiful. We can't argue about taste...

Can it get any better after 620 flight hours? I wish Patrick could've been my captain.
                        Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-04-09, 22:59. Reason: +1

Comment

Many European airlines got rid of the 747:
                          Alitalia
                          Air France
                          Iberia
                          Olympic Airlines (at LGAT)
                          Sabena
                          SAS (B742).
                          TAP
                          et cetera.

But I don't think that, avoiding the 747 is an advantage. The 747 is an icon, also for AC. 747 history from 1971-1999. AC ice instead of Red Maple.
                          B773ER instead of 747.
                          The B773ER provides 40 + 24 + 336 in a three class configuration. Thus, the B773ER seems like a competitor on the longhaul.

But creativity has a name. 747. And I haven't invented this, in post #12! There seems to be an urge...

Comment

Jetstream

Precision manuals always tell you, please be aware of the character of a bedroom simulator. The 744X already includes systems that almost can't be handled by the base simulator.

If you have a look on transatlantic flights, and this is where I just come from with the sim, you should be careful.

Jetstream is just another phenomenon which, by default, is not depicted in a bedroom simulator. Thus, you might wonder why a real westbound 747 is not as fast as one that takes off from an US- or Canadian airport, in opposite direction.

And why doesn't your pmdg version depict that phenomenon? Well, I don't know if the Atlantic Jetstream is available for sim, anywhere.
                            Probably, that's too much for a sim.

This is why I always have some extra fuel on board. Plus, I'll no longer use the real time LH schedule for my sim, at least not to compare the eta on a flight to Europe.

PS: I don't own a 333 or 343** or similar, so my next visit to Dorval* will take place on board this brilliant invention (see entry # 12) .
                            CL owns heavy aircraft since a few months, which I know. But what I haven't known yet, in autumn 2016, DUS spotters don't have to travel to the Alps to find a LH jet to Dorval.
                            But this is an AC topic, so...

*this is YUL, for the average booking computer...
                            **...sim which nearly would equal the 744X.
                            Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-09-22, 20:35. Reason: The sim is a sim...

Comment

Ahihi tôi yêu bạn <3 I Love You

Comment

Working...
                              X