Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boeing Shanghai signs maintenance agreement with Aeroflot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing Shanghai signs maintenance agreement with Aeroflot!

Boeing Shanghai Aviation Services Co., Ltd (Boeing Shanghai) has signed a five-year agreement with Aeroflot Russian Airlines for Boeing 767 aircraft heavy maintenance.

“Through this agreement, Aeroflot will receive cost-effective, full-service maintenance at a location conveniently within its route structure,” said Bernard Hensey, CEO, Boeing Shanghai. “Aeroflot is an important and prestigious international carrier and we look forward to a long, mutually rewarding relationship as its 767 maintenance provider.”

Boeing Shanghai Aviation Services Co., Ltd. is a joint venture established by The Boeing Company, Shanghai Airport Authority, and Shanghai Airlines in June 2006. The facility recently celebrated the first anniversary of its new, two-bay hangar at Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
    http://www.amtonline.com/article/art...ion=1&id=11849
    Fabuluous, and great news for both parties. That said, I wonder how much longer Aeroflot plans to have the 767s in operation? I guess with the maintainance being preformed at PVG, it's not too far away from a home base to cause major inconveniences. BTW, how long has Aeroflot had their 767 fleet? Will many of them be coming up on C checks soon?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

I remember well when SU's first two 767s (EI-CKD and -CKE) caused quite a stir.

Comment

Not so good for TCX at Manchester where the work was carried out previously. Manchester however isnt on the route network which probably is part of the reason for this decision. Best of luck to Shanghai.

Comment

Working...
      X