Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colour Space for uploads - sRGB NOT Adobe RGB please.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks LX-A343,
    now proceed with this approach to the CS
    Thanks to all for advice.

This year is a little strange, but the snow can always get winter ends March 21
    Kisses fron Italy

Comment

You're welcome, Monica.

And I gave up hope for snow on ZRH this year.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi there

I know it is hard for the editors to be patient with the uploaders, but having waited 22 days for my 5 uploads to be rejected with somewhat rude messages, I was also more than a little frustrated this morning. I have not changed any of my camera or PS settings and this was the first time I received multiple rejections and messages that I was STILL uploading in the wrong format so,

1) Apologies but not that it has been pointed out (one of the editors rather sensibly included a link to the post on the subject I hope that I have made the necessary changes in PS)

2) Would a kind editor please advise if this is now using the correct colour setting in PS?
        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Many thanks
        Mark

Comment

sRGB is fine.

Comment

Thanks for confirmation - much appreciated !

Comment

Originally posted by mtaylor334 View Post
              Hi there

I know it is hard for the editors to be patient with the uploaders, but having waited 22 days for my 5 uploads to be rejected with somewhat rude messages, I was also more than a little frustrated this morning. I have not changed any of my camera or PS settings and this was the first time I received multiple rejections and messages that I was STILL uploading in the wrong format so,

1) Apologies but not that it has been pointed out (one of the editors rather sensibly included a link to the post on the subject I hope that I have made the necessary changes in PS)

2) Would a kind editor please advise if this is now using the correct colour setting in PS?
              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Many thanks
              Mark
              That rude comment was mine. I know it for a fact, that you have been sent 3 times in this year a screener remark (from different screeners) with a link to this topic. So, seeing the wrong colour space again makes me think, that you ignore our remarks, which I classify as rude as well. Hence my comment

Comment

Hey Gerardo

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. Fair point if true, but I think I have always just received the standard "Bad Colour Over/Under saturation" comment without any link. I am happy to be corrected but don't ever remember seeing a link in any of the previous screeners comments.

Anyway, let's move on - I have now seen it and made the necessary changes in PB and have learnt a little about the more technical side of digital colour processing along the way. I am sure that we are all hear to learn and enjoy our hobby. A reference to a link rather than just the comment goes a long way (certainly for me).

Cheers
                Mark

Comment

I got rejected on this picture because of bad color. I see the picture better, and do not see how this problem. All photos uploaded are made in the same way and with the same program. If he was to be the problem with these colors did not receive reject all photos uploaded so far? I find this absurd. I want to see a print screen from your colors to see how stupid I see, that I can not believe it.

Comment

Nothing to add than the link which was provided to you on appeal (http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthre...obe-RGB-please) - by reading that carefully i shouldn't be a problem anymore
                    I hope you realise that the email you sent us was totally unacceptable and by saying "I want" "I want" while ignoring the link provided will not get you anywhere except pissing off the crew.... - An admin also replied to you... That's a LOT of energy by the crew for a basic common mistake by you...

I thought that after the FR24 Night category story you were going to play it a bit quiet.... I was wrong

Alex

Comment

I asked to do a print screen to see the colors wrong with the picture as seen from you. In my perfect image appears. How do you explain that so far we have not had this problem with uploaded pictures? I do not understand it, do not make me a picture that does not appear on fr.24, but the problem of bad color image refers to another refused. I think I put a very pertinent question. Why the pictures uploaded until two days ago I encountered this problem, and we asked to see a print screen and I see colors that are bad for you, because I see good colors in that picture.

Comment

And we asked you to use read the topic we gave you the link to and to save your files with colour space set to sRGB. If you choose to ignore us again as usual, you risk, that the colours may look wrong on other systems, not on all. For example, if I screen photos with the colour space set to Adobe RGB on my Windows PC, I see a red-ish or purple colour cast. So, on your PC the photo might look OK, on mine not. As the fault is the wrong colour space, the photo is rejected.

Comment

Ok. I ask something else. Why only problem this picture has since climb pictures? With the same program with the same computer edit them . Other photos that did not have this problem, I ask this . I see it well , and the other day pictures uploaded smoothly. I wanted to see a print screen with the picture seen your PC , to see myself what colors appear . I set the PC 's sRGB and in camera , that I nelamureste me. I do not want and do not know why I understand that I argue for this picture , I just asked , I requested explanations and evidence , because I do not see them wrong .

Comment

I will list this answer in simple, short statements...

1. It is recognised all around the photography world that pictures processed in Adobe RGB MIGHT, not necessarily WILL have a purple/red cast when viewed online.
                            2. It is recognised all around the photography world that pictures processed for printing display best when processed in Adobe RGB.
                            3. It is recognised all around the photography world that pictures that are going to be viewed on the Internet are best processed in sRGB.

......and will you PLEASE get someone who is fluent in written English to write your posts for you ? I'm sorry but a lot of the time we don't have a clue what you are trying to say.
                            Last edited by brianw999; 2016-03-07, 20:48.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

You got a rejection, that is all the proof you will get. If you are not satisfied with this, you might be more happy by using another online photodatabase or an image hosting service like Flicker. We are surely not going to print out your photos and sent them per post to you, to show the errors. (a screenshot viewed on your system would not show the effect, when you are using the wrong colour space as default)

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                                I will list this answer in simple, short statements...

1. It is recognised all around the photography world that pictures processed in Adobe RGB MIGHT, not necessarily WILL have a purple/red cast when viewed online.
                                2. It is recognised all around the photography world that pictures processed for printing display best when processed in Adobe RGB.
                                3. It is recognised all around the photography world that pictures that are going to be viewed on the Internet are best processed in sRGB.

......and will you PLEASE get someone who is fluent in written English to write your posts for you ? I'm sorry but a lot of the time we don't have a clue what you are trying to say.
                                I said as I set sRGB both camera and Photoshop . And wondering why such problems have not appeared in photos uploaded yet. All are processed on the same computer and the same program nothing different . That asking for a print screen image in the wrong colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X