Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colour Space for uploads - sRGB NOT Adobe RGB please.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catalin81 View Post
    I said as I set sRGB both camera and Photoshop . And wondering why such problems have not appeared in photos uploaded yet. All are processed on the same computer and the same program nothing different . That asking for a print screen image in the wrong colors.
    I set sRGB both camera and Photoshop . And wondering why such problems have not appeared in photos uploaded yet ?

Comment

The EXIF says: photoshop:ICCProfile = "Adobe RGB (1998 )"

Comment

For what it is worth, I fell foul of this in the latest version of Photoshop CC. Even though my profile was set the sRGB and the same is in my camera, when you do the Save As when finally saving a photo after working on it in Photoshop, there is still a check box on the bottom right of the Save As dialog that says Adobe RGB - that is always checked. I have tried to find any solution to turn that off permanently, but have been unable to. This is what might be happening in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
          The EXIF says: photoshop:ICCProfile = "Adobe RGB (1998 )"
          I wonder why the photos uploaded on the website before there was such a problem before. All are printed on the same computer and the same program that does not understand me and I wanted to see a print screen from your wrong with this picture and colors .

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
            For what it is worth, I fell foul of this in the latest version of Photoshop CC. Even though my profile was set the sRGB and the same is in my camera, when you do the Save As when finally saving a photo after working on it in Photoshop, there is still a check box on the bottom right of the Save As dialog that says Adobe RGB - that is always checked. I have tried to find any solution to turn that off permanently, but have been unable to. This is what might be happening in this case.
            Is set sRGB there, look image.

Comment

Maybe the check box was not ticked when you saved the pic. And that will be my final reply to this post, as you have only 2 pics rejected for "Bad Color", both of which have other faults which require a new edit anyway. So the whole discussion is kind of pointless.

Comment

Ruled that this problem is not selected sRGB . If I do I edit photos and 50 once , so do not think I would stay or uncheck to mark off and not think that something like this could happen . It may have been an error of the program, or do not know , but I had these settings again, or had problems at other pictures, but there was an exception , can error , but in no case were the reasons given by you . I do not argue for rejecting a picture as some people suggest that I do, I just want to see where discussing the question was wrong . In my lafel see all pictures , as shown in the picture posted , sRGB appears in exif , and save after editing in PS .

Comment

You wanted a screenshot ? This is what I get in Photoshop when I try to open your Wizzair shot... http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=5188544

Click image for larger version

Name:	v6jhwo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1015125

EMBEDDED refers to the colour space of your image.

WORKING refers to the colour space that my Photoshop is set to.

All this clearly shows that you are not saving in sRGB.
                  Last edited by brianw999; 2016-03-09, 12:27.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Ok . I understand . You may have other programs do not. I find it absurd that this picture only has this problem , and other images made ​​identical in that lot and who entered the site did not have this problem. I do not understand this , as other images did not have the same problems as I climb almost daily on the site images made ​​with the same program. I think I stay or to change settings on this image , sure is a program error . I see that you are relying only to convert the image would look like , but I see it as did the other pictures as colors without something to show me .

Comment

It is not an error of your software or whatever else, it is something YOU are doing wrong.

Just a question: have you checked the color profiles on the photos you have in the queue? It would be an easy step for you to avoid rejections.
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I have not checked . But some who came before it did not have this problem , and nor after , I went after it and see that some have not been problems .

Comment

As mentioned: photos with Adobe RGB can look OK on some screens, not OK on other screens. So, perhaps one screener doesn't see anything wrong, the next does. Easiest solution: save with color space set to sRGB, the standard for webpages.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hello.
                            I have the following problem.After the proccess in camera raw and open to photoshop i see a message like screenshot.My camera is set to sRGB what's going on?In color settings of photoshop the setings are like the second screenshot.Is right?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StathisP View Post
                              Hello.
                              I have the following problem.After the proccess in camera raw and open to photoshop i see a message like screenshot.My camera is set to sRGB what's going on?In color settings of photoshop the setings are like the second screenshot.Is right?
                              For pictures that are going to be displayed on the internet, i.e. Jetphotos you need to select the middle option in the first screen. "Convert documents colours to the working space". If you are saving with the intention of printing then select the first option.
                              I get the same options with my nikons even though the cameras are set to sRGB. This is actually quite useful as you get the chance to choose the appropriate colour management for your intended use of the picture.
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

ah hah!
                                I think this may be the answer to why I have the 'blues'.
                                Some of my photos that have been accepted look fine most of the time,
                                The colours look perfect in the small preview panes.. but when you look at the full size picture it takes on a cold blue tinge,,, I assume that this is due to me not noticing that the recent update of Photoshop started using Adobe RGB?
                                I have also noticed that the colour takes on this blue tinge if I open the photo on Microsoft Paint.

Any tips on how to correct this?

I have a Canon camera . I assume that I don't have to adjust that>?

BTW - Thanks to the screeners!

Comment

Working...
                                X