No announcement yet.

Two-foot hole appears in plane at 31,000 feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabriel, exactly! We would often use a scribe to map out a hole we wanted to cut out for a patch. It showed up well in the green of the zinc chromate primer.

This sounds as if type of "scribe" would be from a tool mark or accidentally dragging some equipment across the surface. Aluminum is tough but work hardens easily.

I should have picked up on that but it's been a long time.

Thanks.
    Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Airfoilsguy View Post
      Suggestion: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

Comment

No SYDCBRWOD, I live under one of the approaches for EWR and an A3SUMTHIN' just flew over my house; it was like the first time I had sex.

it was dark

it was scary

and

I was all alone
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
          Scribbing?

You have me by the sneakers? What does that mean?
          I think he means "scriber" an outdated and outlawed method of marking lines on a surface with a sharp metal object. Replaced by a red non lead pencil that would not interact with the aluminum.
          You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

If you only bothered to read the info provided, you'd see that it's not an intentional mark but damage produced when trimming decals or masking tape or removing sealalnts with sharp objects.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

American Airlines is inspecting two-thirds of its Boeing 757 fleet following an October incident where a hole ripped open on one of its aircraft flying from Miami to Boston.

The Fort Worth-based carrier is in the process of checking 87 of its 124 Boeing 757 aircraft based on a service bulletin issued by Boeing, said American spokesman Tim Smith. Close to half of the inspections have been completed.

“We have been accomplishing the inspections expeditiously as the aircraft flow through our maintenance facilities for other routine maintenance,” Smith said. “There is nothing we can report at this time as to any findings related to the inspections.”

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...1/BIZIZ05gmail
              Hmmm. Well, this, on the heels of the DL "hatch" incident on approach to CPH. It's about time to do some checking...
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
              X