Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pan American Airways to fly, yet again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan American Airways to fly, yet again...

America's first international airline will take to the skies again in November, when Pan American Airways begins flying out of its Texas hub. But the brand's glamour days are behind it: The new Pan American will start out carrying cargo, not passengers. The new airline — the fifth attempt to re-establish Pan-Am since it went bankrupt in 1991 — will operate out of Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport, near Texas' Mexican border.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...th?ft=1&f=1003

Why not just late the name retire? I don't understand the fascination with the name. I wish them the best, but is the the best time and economy to invest in a cargo company, especially in an overall market that is dominated by bigger names/brands, and/or on such routes to Mexico.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Agreed... This has gone way beyond ridiculous. Seems pretty absurd to me to re-start something only to see it go out of business for yet another time. That too something like Pan Am. I wish the company the best, but the cargo market is pretty saturated also.

Comment

I read on their website they also want to carry passengers....

I found it is a great idea. PanAM as a new old airline.... the clipper days are back.

on their website they ask if there are some former PanAm employees to give them some ideas how to organize flights onboard-service, etc....

anyway, I can't wait to see them starting to fly.
      please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

Finally...

2011: A Space Idiocy. Coming soon to threaters.

Comment

If it ain't a flying boat, it ain't a real Clipper.

Wiki has a nice inventory of the fleet and a few pics of stamps with the Clippers. I don't have a stamp collection but those two pictured would be a nice start.
          Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by ufo View Post
            Finally...

[ATTACH]3184[/ATTACH]

2011: A Space Idiocy. Coming soon to threaters.
            A few years ago I watched this great sci-fi flick called Silent Running and the spaceships in it were owned by American Airlines. At least that isn't out of the question realism wise yet. In fact here is the first two sentences from the films plot summary on wiki that mentions AA.

"Silent Running depicts a future in which all plant life on Earth has been made extinct. Only a few specimens have been preserved in enormous, greenhouse-like geodesic domes attached to a fleet of American Airlines Space Freighters just outside the orbit of Saturn."

Comment

Anyone want to put money down on when this incarnation will fold again?

Comment

lets also revive Eastern and Braniff then!

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
                  Anyone want to put money down on when this incarnation will fold again?
                  I have a suspicion this is another Family Airlines, only smaller.

Comment

Well if you have money and investors then good luck and hope they will do well. It just might work out this time for them and maybe next will be the TWA who knows.

Comment

That's too bad. I flew on the original Pan Am as a kid and it was an excellent airline.
                      Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Ugh. Here we go again. We'll see if they even get to the point of pax service.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                        X