No announcement yet.

Finnair New Livery, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't wanted to say tat te old PAAlivery is horrible, but nowadays, I don't find the attractiv..

nice liveries are:

Luxair 2007paint
    Cargolux 2010paint (small changes are also nice)
    AirBerlin 2008

AA, LH,.... this livey is no more interesting.

AF= very little change, but now, nicer
    please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

It is going to be off-topic

Liveries will be always a topic for enthusiasts and I know that my opinion is not the opinion of the majority.

Modern livereies might be very nice and modern but my heart will be earlier touched by Qantas, Korean Air or Alaska Airlines

So, back to the topic: Finnair

Finnair has a great heritage and I hope that their decision is a good one...

Greetings
      http://www.MD-80.com / MD-80.com on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MD80com / MD-80.com on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MD80com

Comment

"Definitly a scheme with money-saving spelled all over it."
        "It's just plane and nothing extravagant about it probably money saver for the airline by keeping paint simple."

That does not sound very logical to me. Just because it is white does not mean it is cheap. Do you have an idea how much money it costs to change the corporate design of an airline? It is not just planes to repaint...signs, clothes, pencils, vehicles,...worldwide. Not to mention the costs of
        designers, marketing agencies, sales experts and others involved.
        While I wonder why Finnair dumps a not so old and not outdated livery I don't think saving is the reason.

To me the livery looks indeed a bit retro, reminds me of the Pan Am billboard title design.
        While I like the new F on the tail I must say the font on the fuse looks horrible and does not represent the country in my opinion but it will definitely catch some attention at airports.

To sum it up, an unneccessary step in my opinion, let us hope that Finnair will not regret this decision.
        Last edited by philip; 2011-01-03, 20:39.
        greetings,
        Philip

Comment

Rather unimaginative...
          Who's on first?..........

Comment

nononononononnonononoonooooooonooooooo its not right, nooooo, I know i am not supposed to like it but i think i might but i dont know. its like the new Virgin Atlantic livery again i am not supposed to like it but i think i might.

my favourite liveries are the colourful creative ones:

stirling, asiana, korean air, luxair, new delta, aer lingus, hawiian, ethiopian, emirates, lan, etihad, shaheen, fuji dream, bing bang bangladesh, kululululululululalalalalalala, mango, virgin blue, mexicana, panam, wideroe, air southwest, aeigle azur, air berlin, that other new bangladeshi one with the A310's and dash 8's, thomson, air scotland, cityjet, klm, air pacific, olympic airlines, olympic air, astra, sas, air greenland, iceland express, icelandair, norwegian air shuttle.
            (not many)
            and fictional ones
            flylo is brilliant, our lady air, great british air.

but actually looking at it again i migh need a bucket but then i might like it but i dont know i might like it i might need a bucket but i dont know.

Comment

Working...
            X