Wikileaks; "AA crew detained in Venezuela due to comment..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wikileaks; "AA crew detained in Venezuela due to comment..."

The crew of an American Airlines flight was briefly detained in 2008 after a crew member said "welcome to Venezuela, local Chavez time is", a U.S. report released by WikiLeaks said.

In December 2007, Venezuela created its own time zone, moving the clock back half an hour on a permanent basis, and according to the U.S. embassy report, "the crew member was likely trying to remind passengers of this and to suggest they turn their watches back 30 minutes."

American Airlines Venezuela manager Omar Nottaro told the U.S. embassy on October 1, 2008, that a passenger and friend of Venezuelan National lawmaker Carlos Echezuria Rodriguez, thought the crew member had said "loco Chavez time," which means crazy in Spanish.

http://www.newkerala.com/news/world/...ws-103302.html
    Wow, kinda touchy on the subject, no? Well, I should say it, only on Chavez time would this seem to be international-event-level worthy...
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Everyone is touchy about everything. Where else can you plunder a continent and then sue for discrimination other than here. I pose that as a question not as a comment of course? I think. Heck if the guy or gal walked or limped out of there with all of their essential components and bodily functions still intact he or she had a good day considering the larger picture.
    Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

chavez is an ass and the crew should've said "loco"

Comment

Working...
      X