X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Sam,
    yes 68.0 T is correct.

@ EKA380,
    they could do it, but by far not with all passenger seats occupied and less baggage.
    The A320-Family is certified for ETOPS 180 Min, so there isn't a real limit for transatlantic flights.
    But personnally believe they stay within Europe, as for long range with greater passenger numbers they would need A330s or similar aircraft.

Greets,
    Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      They don't... But you, EKA380, were the one asking whether they might do anything like this...
      actually i wasnt being that far fetched Greenland was an example and eastern seaboard USA was in 5-7 years time by which time there will probably be lots of demand

Comment

As I understand it, the business model for easyJet requires route flight times of no more than 4 hrs or so to be able to fly the maximum number of flights per day per aircraft and therefore make more profit out of a days flying.
        Flying across the pond would not be a viable issue for them as they would only get an outbound and return in a days flying whereas flying in Europe means I would guess around 5 or 6 flights per day per aircraft.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

yeah i saw the same EZY plane at EDI 4 times between 10-5

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            As I understand it, the business model for easyJet requires route flight times of no more than 4 hrs or so to be able to fly the maximum number of flights per day per aircraft and therefore make more profit out of a days flying.
            Flying across the pond would not be a viable issue for them as they would only get an outbound and return in a days flying whereas flying in Europe means I would guess around 5 or 6 flights per day per aircraft.
            It all depends on yields. There is a small shift among some of the low-costs to move to longer sectors, eg. UK to Canaries and Eastern Mediterranean/Middle East, or Spain to Eastern Europe.

As for transatlantic flights, the real economic objections would be a) the requirement to provide crew accommodation down route, b) the need to obtain and manage an ETOPS ticket, and c) the need to provide at least some food and drink. Moreover, on these routes the legacy carriers are already providing flights with fares about as low as they can get, and so the low-costs would have no real comparative advantage.

Comment

1 question, U2's longest route is MAN-SSH do theyserve food on that flight.

Comment

Originally posted by EKA380 View Post
                1 question, U2's longest route is MAN-SSH do they serve food on that flight.
                Their website says they have "Buy on Board".
                Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Working...
                X