Boeing delays initial 787 delivery a seventh time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing delays initial 787 delivery a seventh time

Media outlets are reporting the 787 Dreamliner plane first deliveries will happen in third quarter of 2011 instead of Q1 as originally planned. Apparently Boeing prefers to go with a large buffer in case something goes wrong.

When the 1st 787 is delivered to ANA, if delivered in Q3 as announced, this would be more then 3 years late than originally planned. I am sure the 787 will succeed, hope this time the EIS is for real

Not really surprising...

I wonder how much of a delay the A350 will finally have when it enters service...

Comment

Supposedly going for a large buffet this time around, Boeing is thinking this time around. Nothing really matters right now until the ANA's first aircraft ceremony. As for the A350, at least Airbus is keeping quite, I'm sure they don't want to make EK upset.
      what ever happens......happens

Comment

Orginally planned? No the orginal potemkin village!
        "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

I'm sure senior Boeing engineers originally told the execs to promise delivery of a completely new airframe design no sooner than 2012, and then the sales managers and stock analysts told them they need to promise 2008, and guess who they listened to. I think the 787 is probably right on a real-world schedule.

You want it bad, you get it bad.

Comment

Working...
          X