Virgin Atlantic seeks Alliance Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Atlantic seeks Alliance Membership

I suppose it's obviously that Oneworld is out of contention, leaving Star and Skyteam. Singapore's 49% share into Virgin is definitly a factor (if they keep it), but I wouldn't be surprise if Skyteam pulls this one out.
    what ever happens......happens

Of course it will be Star. They just signed an agreement with Air New Zealand, another Star carrier
    Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Originally posted by ACheck View Post
      Of course it will be Star. They just signed an agreement with Air New Zealand, another Star carrier
      This to go with the codeshares they already have on Bmi's domestic network. Its gonna be star and this could certainly throw up an interesting situation with Lufthansa owning Bmi. Will have to wait and see but i strongly suspect this has already been decided.

Comment

From an Article in the NY times back in december

Complicating any partnership would be the inevitable regulatory concerns that come with any big airline deal. Star Alliance already includes a British-based carrier, British Midland, which could draw concerns from the European Union if one or more of its members were to reach a pact with Virgin Atlantic, Mr. Harteveldt said.

“A fit with the SkyTeam alliance would be much easier in terms of the regulatory standpoint and also would complement the networks,” he said.
        Virgin says it received a “number of lines of inquiry” since it hired Deutsche Bank to consider growth opportunities.

Comment

"Virgin looking for partners" sounds tempting to me.
          TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Working...
          X