No announcement yet.

Brian is a very lucky boy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...so the weather wasn't too good so I played with high ISO......

800 ISO
    300mm (70-300 VR lens)
    f7.1
    1/640 sec.
    No noise reduction.
    Overall and selective sharpening.

......and here's the result.

Imageshack has reduced from 1400px wide to 800px wide but I'm rather pleased with the result nonetheless.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

So Brian, explain to the community why your wife bought you the camera. Or did she just buy it with your money?

If my wife would by me a camera with that price it would mean:
      1.) She feels guilty for whatever reason
      2.) I have been a very good boy.
      3.) As pointed out before, she wants me to be out of the house more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
        So Brian, explain to the community why your wife bought you the camera. Or did she just buy it with your money?

If my wife would by me a camera with that price it would mean:
        1.) She feels guilty for whatever reason
        2.) I have been a very good boy.
        3.) As pointed out before, she wants me to be out of the house more often.

1. No
        2. Yes
        3. Probably

Actually, it was bought with our joint money. She suggested it though as....

1. I couldn't fund it myself.
        2. She found one at a good price (£900 against a list of over £1,000).
        3. There won't be many around since the Japanese earthquake.

and....

4. She's buying herself a £2,000 video camera (although it will be ultimately earning us both money). Anyone want their wedding videotaped ?
        Last edited by brianw999; 2011-04-14, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
          All you need now is a 2500mm lens for shooting all those teeny tiny planes at Popham!
          Regards
          Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            4. She's buying herself a £2,000 video camera (although it will be ultimately earning us both money). Anyone want their wedding videotaped ?
            2,000 BIG ones Brian and earning you "both money"pray tell us more

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
              2,000 BIG ones Brian and earning you "both money"pray tell us more

Wedding videography. She does the video and I do the stills. Dependant on what the happy couple want we could pay for both cameras within half a dozen weddings.

I did suggest continuing on to the consummation after the reception but that didn't go down too well !!
              Although....on one occasion....but that's another story...

Comment

Ah...thanks very much mate. Just looked at that. Looks like I can cut out one conversion step which should make things easier.

One point that is coming up at the moment is that, unless you want to pay the full Nikon price of around £55-£70 for a spare battery, they're as rare as hens teeth !!

....and the dual battery grip ? ...... at over £200 ?? !!.....for effectively a box that holds 2 batteries. HOLY SHIT ! Still, I suppose prices will come down as time goes by.
                I prefer Nikon View NX2 to NEF conversions. The quality is better imho, than with the DNG converter.

And as a tip for making money with your equipment. Weddings are on thing, dog owners are a better thing.

Comment

Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread, but I've also been a lucky boy recently and got a Nikon D7000, here was a quick test shot at Popham!

Taken at ISO200.

I have taken it to the British museum and shot at upto ISO6400 and still got some usable shots. Very pleased with it so far, just waiting for my Nikon 70-300 VR to be delivered!

Comment

^^^
                    Oi !! ..... get orf moi laaaaaand. !!

Nice shot.

Comment

^^^
                      Oi !! ..... get orf moi laaaaaand. !!

Nice shot.
                      Thanks, I should really go to Popham more, it is just 8 miles down the road from me! lol

Comment

I think Ady is planning a visit to Popham next weekend with his new toy, I may just tag along with my five year old Canon 30D
                        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

oh no, don't let Gerardo hear this, he probably gets an instant depression knowing the queue will be filled with mosquitoes within 2 weeks

Comment

Motive rejections!! Flying ventilators are not aviation related ...
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

OK...so the weather wasn't too good so I played with high ISO......

800 ISO
                              300mm (70-300 VR lens)
                              f7.1
                              1/640 sec.
                              No noise reduction.
                              Overall and selective sharpening.

......and here's the result.

Imageshack has reduced from 1400px wide to 800px wide but I'm rather pleased with the result nonetheless.
                              This is absolutely excellent quality.

Did you already have the time to check out the video capabilities? I would love to know.

Roel.

Comment

Still getting my head around still shots Roel...and to be honest, it wasn't bought for the video capability ( I actually didn't know it had that ability, I was so caught up in the stills features !! )

Hopefully Heathrow sometime this week if the weather carries on as it is. In the meantime I went to a wedding on Good Friday....here's a few shots...

......and an extreme high ISO set, hand held with no noise reduction......

ISO 2500.....

ISO 800.....

ISO 2500.....

Comment

Working...
                                X