Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canon 70-300L IS upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan-Jasinski View Post
    I still consider getting one of them as 200mm for contrails with some 1024px crops isn't the best way to go perhaps...
    I hope your dad's rich or has a big house, because at this rate, you're going to waste a lot of money on a lot of junk.
    You've heard the last piece of advice from me, obviously, you have it all figured out already

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
    I hope your dad's rich or has a big house, because at this rate, you're going to waste a lot of money on a lot of junk.
    You've heard the last piece of advice from me, obviously, you have it all figured out already
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

You don't know my situation, if I have been working hard or not or whatever is going on. Junk you say? One TC is all the "junk" I consider buying. I can't afford a 70-200 and a 100-400L so you try to get 2 in 1, losing some quality but for me sometimes it's worth it, like identifying reg's...

Banned

You don't know my situation, if I have been working hard or not or whatever is going on. Junk you say? One TC is all the "junk" I consider buying. I can't afford a 70-200 and a 100-400L so you try to get 2 in 1, losing some quality but for me sometimes it's worth it, like identifying reg's...
    Will you shut up!

You don't know my situation, if I have been working hard or not or whatever is going on.
    Your situation is irrelevant, a bad choice is a bad choice
    Junk you say? One TC is all the "junk" I consider buying. I can't afford a 70-200 and a 100-400L so you try to get 2 in 1,
    You dont get 2 in 1. Dont you think if it were that easy, more people would do it? You get a piece of junk and that's it.
    If you cant afford lenses of advanced enthusiat or low end semi-pro quality, what kind of mediocre lens can you afford? A bad lens with a TC will yield HORRIBLE results.
    losing some quality but for me sometimes it's worth it, like identifying reg's...
    You lose image quality and you just blow up a bad image Einstein. Can you read the regs when you zoom into your photo to 200%? No you cant. What makes you think that with a TC you will be able to?
    If you want the reg, use flightradar24.com, it has a replay button that works as much as 2 weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtyrpics View Post
    Will you shut up!
    Yeah!
    Your situation is irrelevant, a bad choice is a bad choice
    You dont get 2 in 1. Dont you think if it were that easy, more people would do it? You get a piece of junk and that's it.
    If you cant afford lenses of advanced enthusiat or low end semi-pro quality, what kind of mediocre lens can you afford? A bad lens with a TC will yield HORRIBLE results.
    You lose image quality and you just blow up a bad image Einstein. Can you read the regs when you zoom into your photo to 200%? No you cant. What makes you think that with a TC you will be able to?
    If you want the reg, use flightradar24.com, it has a replay button that works as much as 2 weeks back.
    I was able to read the reg of a KAL 77W while at 400mm's.
    I'm done now, i'll shut up. Stupid kids nowadays like me...

OK folks, I think this thread has run it's course before it wildly jumps OT. Rick has acknowledged that he got his answer about the 70-300L so thanks everyone for their input. If you want to discuss the merits of TC's then please start a seperate thread.

PS Rick, if you feel like posting any results from your new lens that you might like to show us then feel free to post it into a new thread, cheers!
    Last edited by B7772ADL; 05-06-2011 at 09:02 AM.