Orlando as a major delta hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando as a major delta hub?

You all know that MCO is the main base for Song, and DCI operates a lot of intra-Florida flights, plus several flights to other US destinations. And you also know that, in the past, Delta had trans atlantic flights to FRA and perhaps other European cities and Comair operated to several Florida cities that currently don't have MCO service like JAX, GNV or TPA. And what I am thinking is: Seeing the massive amount of pax Delta flies from ATL to MCO each day (around 13 flights on 757,763,764 +1 CRJ)(and to FLL and TPA too) and considering about 95% are connecting in ATL with several coming from Europe, I think it would make sense if Delta would rebuild its Orlando hub with the following route network:
    Transatlantic service to FRA, CDG, LGW and FCO for starters
    Intra-Florida service to cities already served plus to JAX, DAB, GNV, TPA, MLB
    Other internationals to MEX (AM), MBJ (JM), NAS, SJU (all already served) and to CUN, FPO, STT, GCM, YUL and YYZ
    plus Song and DCI to several other US destinations

And the slogan would be
    "Orlando- Your connecting place to Sun&Fun!"

I think if done properly this could work out. What do you guys think?

Orlando as a major delta hub?

Scusi, double post

Comment

Re:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't MCO a mini-hub for DL anyway? And isn't it also a hub for Comair? Just some questions I had.

And then, most of the massive amounts of pax that fly DL/DL Conn between MCO and ATL actually visit Orlando, or connect at MCO to other Florida destinations. If DL Connection increased its Florida network, it would work. But the MCO market, is in my view, already saturated w/r to service between MCO and FRA, LHR/LGW (especially) and Air Canada is/has also added more service to/from MCO.

Considering MIA's to the south and a magnet for Caribbean and Latin-American flights, and ATL already has n/s service to many European gateways and Canadian cities, I don't think the European flights would work.

Happy Flying!

Comment

Delta @ MCO

Yes, Delta is a mini-hub for DL as well as COMAIR. But most of the flights are not COMAIR so to speak they are from the Feeder airline Chatauaqua. Thats what I had a friend who is a ComAir Mechanic tell me. That COMAIR doesn't have many flights at MCO anymore.
        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
        "Don't try to re-invent the wheel"

Comment

Re:

Okay, that's what I thought.

Comment

Comair still has some of TLH, MCO, FLL, and RSW

Comment

Working...
            X