Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ATC Scanner - Help

Hey guys,
    I'm looking to get a Scanner - really need it as it gets too hot these days to wait in the sun - and have no clue when is the aircraft you have been expecting coming in !

So here is the deal -
    I'm a complete noob when it comes to Radios and scanners - I have a max budget of around 120$ ( Don't mind a slightly used one) - now what I saw was RadioShack and Uninden - but will all the technical terms like trunking and triple trunking and 1000 bans etc - got really confused.

So can anyone recommed any scanner which you think can fit under the 150$ mark - I don't listening to police or marine or fire dept frequencies - so if those are covered it would be a bonus ! And yeah, if anything beyond that is also covered do let me know.

Now I like 10 miles/17 kms away from the airport - I'm mostly going to be using this scanner from the 2nd floor- our tower at DEL is not very tall - but would be around 5-7 floors tall ! And no there are no tall buildings in the line of sight - now I was hoping I can catch the chatter from home - so that atleast I know if I missed something rare - or maybe rush if I get to know a little bit in advance.

I don't mind buying an external antenna ( provided it is 20-40$ ) if I need to get the reception from my house itself.

So do suggest the best possible solution you can think of.

Thanks guys !

PS : Will most likely get from ebay - so if you can give me links would be great.

Air India Forever.

Hi!
    I recommend you a Uniden scanner, I think all memers of my spotting group use this brand and maybe even this is the most popular radio-scanner company for polish spotters.
    I use a Uniden BC92XLT for 2-3 years, it has wide range of frequencies, but it is/was quite expensive compared to other models. Maybe the best solution is Uniden BC30XLT. Very small and easy to use scanner, youshould be satisfied using this model.

Regards,
    Kornel

Comment

Working...
    X