Lack of screeners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
    I meant no disrespect, just that idea of having to go through 7000 to select the ones to up-load and which to keep, seems like a nightmare to me. My D300 has around 3300 clicks since I got it.
    Thanks for the issue's clarification.

Comment

I meant no disrespect, just that idea of having to go through 7000 to select the ones to up-load and which to keep, seems like a nightmare to me. My D300 has around 3300 clicks since I got it.
      7000 photos in one weekend ... That's more than I do in whole year, including holidays and other photography ...
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
        7000 photos in one weekend ... That's more than I do in whole year, including holidays and other photography ...
        Gerardo,
        First, some clarification, if not understanding, this is 7000 clicks, during almost four long days of summer day, as I wrote above, not during a short weekend.
        In my experience, about 20% goes into the garbage without checking too much.
        I know quite a photographers from around the world, they constantly being filmed around 1500 to 2000 clicks a day, it does not matter if they are close to their home, or during their trip away from home.
        In their eyes, I myself considered as a lazy, and you are also probably pretty lazy...

Therefore, 1700 clicks per a day on average during the summer, for an enthusiastic visitor like me, who came from far away, in a great place like Zurich, should not be considered a large quantity ...

All the best,
        Erez.

Comment

You can click as much as you want, you can upload as much as you want, but while I couldn't care less if you shoot 1000s of photos a day, hundreds of photos in the queue have impact on other photographers uploading as well.

In this topic and in other similar topics I constantly see photographers who decide themselves not to upload masses but perhaps 10 or 20 at a time, not to clogg the queue. Seeing other photographers uploading hundreds must be a slap in their face.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
            Gerardo,
            First, some clarification, if not understanding, this is 7000 clicks, during almost four long days of summer day, as I wrote above, not during a short weekend.
            In my experience, about 20% goes into the garbage without checking too much.
            I know quite a photographers from around the world, they constantly being filmed around 1500 to 2000 clicks a day, it does not matter if they are close to their home, or during their trip away from home.
            In their eyes, I myself considered as a lazy, and you are also probably pretty lazy...

Therefore, 1700 clicks per a day on average during the summer, for an enthusiastic visitor like me, who came from far away, in a great place like Zurich, should not be considered a large quantity ...

All the best,
            Erez.
            I live in the Netherlands and have been in Zurich in August for 3 days. Got back home with probably 1200 pics . When you have good equipment its realy not nessecary to take so much pictures .

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
              I live in the Netherlands and have been in Zurich in August for 3 days. Got back home with probably 1200 pics . When you have good equipment its realy not nessecary to take so much pictures .
              Yeah that's because we are quiet lazy, like we were that day in ZRH

Comment

It was probably the temperature . For me most a/c where new so i could have taken much more pics but i completely thrust on my 50D

Comment

I wnt a day to AMS and took less than 100 pics. One click for each airplane.

Comment

Now that is the other end of the spectrum from what Erez does in general.
                    Was this a personal challenge Stefan or were all airlines other than KLM or Transavia banned from Schiphol that day?

Comment

Or he allready had most of them

Comment

It is my usual shooting style from the old film days. Even if it is an interesting plane, I rarely do more than 3 shots. (Display routines at airshows - solo cross shots - are different). So in case of AMS I think I gave the Aviogenex 737-200 two clicks.

As I said I got the D300 in 2009 and it has 3300 clicks in total - including non aviation.

Comment

I usually shoot the same plane twice. One shot is the one I want and the second is to make sure I have the registration.

But I don't think it is fair to pounce on Erez the way some do here (especially as some are screeners and should be held to a higher standard as representatives of JetPhotos). He is paying for the site and the goal of this site is to have as many shots of airplanes as possible. And to add insult to injury: His rejection rate isn't so bad either. If you don't like screening: Don't screen. Nobody is forcing you.
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                            You can click as much as you want, you can upload as much as you want, but while I couldn't care less if you shoot 1000s of photos a day, hundreds of photos in the queue have impact on other photographers uploading as well.
                            In this topic and in other similar topics I constantly see photographers who decide themselves not to upload masses but perhaps 10 or 20 at a time, not to clogg the queue. Seeing other photographers uploading hundreds must be a slap in their face.
                            If you think that 100 photos of me has any impact on the queue of 18000 photos, then the situation is very serious indeed, and I must really to be a bad guy in this issue...
                            Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                            I have good equipment, not the best, but good, and maybe I'm not a very talented...
                            So I have to do a lot of attempts to succeed.
                            Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
                            Yeah that's because we are quiet lazy, like we were that day in ZRH
                            You're not lazy, you are very very talented ...
                            Unfortunately I am not talented enough like you...
                            So, as I mentioned above, I needed to much more clicks to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by arnie View Post
                              I usually shoot the same plane twice. One shot is the one I want and the second is to make sure I have the registration.

But I don't think it is fair to pounce on Erez the way some do here (especially as some are screeners and should be held to a higher standard as representatives of JetPhotos). He is paying for the site and the goal of this site is to have as many shots of airplanes as possible. And to add insult to injury: His rejection rate isn't so bad either. If you don't like screening: Don't screen. Nobody is forcing you.
                              Thank you very much arnie, your response warmed my heart.

Best regards,
                              Erez.

Comment

Originally posted by arnie View Post

I don't think it's very fair to pounce on the screeners either. Surely it works both ways?

Nobody said they don't like screening, what is annoying though is people complaining when screeners volunteer. Look at it this way, imagine you went to a poor country and built a school for a community. A few days later they come up to you and complain about your work. Would you feel happy about that or pissed off? Nobody has told you to build the school, but you want to help the community. Surely you would expect a little bit of appreciation?

Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X