Dubai Air Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai Air Show

Is anyone else from the board here attending the Dubai Air Show? I will be there all day on Tuesday, November 15th.

RickG
    Last edited by RickG; 2011-11-15, 04:27. Reason: Spelling Error

CRIPES-A-MIGHTY! 12,000+ readers and not one stinkin' reply???? Well, I was just checking in here to see if I had any replies since posting yesterday. I thought maybe someone would post or send me a PM for the purpose of wanting to meet up at the air show, but now it's too late. It's 8:35 AM in Dubai, and I'm going to shut down the 'puter here and head on out the door.

RickG

Comment

I was there on Wednesday the 16th. Sorry we missed one another by 24 hours. It was a magnificent show. The highlight for me was climbing aboard the BOEING 787 Dreamliner. The BOEING reps informed me that this was the #3 787 off the line. It was here that I also saw my first V-22 Osprey tilt rotor craft for the first time in person. Just too much to see in one day's time!

I have learned that this will be the last show held at Dubai International Airport. Beginning in 2013, the Dubai Airshow will be held at the new Dubai World Central Airport, aka Al Maktoum International Airport.

Comment

Have you any pics. I'd love to see the 87. At least in a pic. Glad you had a good time.
        Who's on first?..........

Comment

Hi canair67,

I have no illusions about being a good photographer, and my camera is only an el-cheapo, but here is the 787 on display last week in Dubai. Sorry about the stairway, sign, and people in the pic, but what can you do?

Comment

Here is the V-22 Osprey. You can see a C-17 Globemaster II owned by the United Arab Emirates Air Force in the background. The USAF also had a C-17 on display there.

Comment

Here is a 747F-200 operated by Midex Air Freight out of Sharjah International Airport in the UAE. The pilot told me this craft was previously owned by Air France.

Comment

Here is the USAF C-17, with thrust reversers opened.

Comment

A lovely Boeing 757 operated by National Airlines based out of Willow Run Airport in Ypsilanti, Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                  X