No announcement yet.

Screen Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in the last 30 min there's been 115 uploads... yes that's about 4 uploads/min - There's no way we'll be able to keep the queue low with such numbers.
    So yes definitely, if you want to help us keep the queue low please help yourself. In the last batch of 100 pics I just screened, a good 50% were pics taken in bad weather, mostly very regular traffic... just saying...

And to be a bit more specific I'd like to give a huge thank you to a particular lady, Sandra from Holland. She has been doing incredible numbers lately and always with a very high quality screening. Thank you girl, we're SO glad to have you in the crew !!

Cheers
    Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Then you've answered your own question about how to avoid a longer queue.. Your habit has changed, since you say that you are in fact uploading more than usual now that the queue is low. There's nothing wrong with that, but now you see how it will be impossible to avoid everyone else doing the same.
      Well technically it hasn't changed (my habit is to upload little by little as I get slots available) but yes, seeing that I get slots available sooner then yes I upload sooner What I need to do is only select for example 30-40 pictures to upload any given month and not upload more than that

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      in the last 30 min there's been 115 uploads... yes that's about 4 uploads/min - There's no way we'll be able to keep the queue low with such numbers.
      So yes definitely, if you want to help us keep the queue low please help yourself. In the last batch of 100 pics I just screened, a good 50% were pics taken in bad weather, mostly very regular traffic... just saying...

And to be a bit more specific I'd like to give a huge thank you to a particular lady, Sandra from Holland. She has been doing incredible numbers lately and always with a very high quality screening. Thank you girl, we're SO glad to have you in the crew !!

Cheers
      Alex
      Thank you Sandra! And thank you to all the other screeners that are dedicating their time! I've been looking at the queue shrink before my eyes, truly amazing!

Comment

• A well meant 'thank you' to all the screeners, it surely takes a lot of time to manage this site. And also for the great efforts in the past two weeks! Yesterday's uploads were really insane, one of the highest number I have seen since I joined the website. I think it must be very frustrating (maybe not the right word) to see so as a screener, with this effort, you just want to decrease the queue but instead just more and more pictures got uploaded... Maybe this thread can be a sign to the community to get back to their normal habits, it will surely gives us an advantage on the long term by having a 'normal' queue from 6000 pics for example. Now, by the reaction of uploading soo many pictures, it will only lead to an advantage we had for the past 2 weeks. It's understandable the screeners can't manage this any longer.

My habits didn't change, I have the intention to upload once or twice a day and I still do so now, in that way you got screened a picture everyday which is really nice to see but that's only my point of view.

Kind regards

Comment

• Thanks for the comments. Sadly, I suggest you all to get used to higher screening times in the near future. First of all, many screeners had some days off and weather was crappy enough at least here in Europe. This let us screen an average of more than 2700 photos per day during the last week. That's a number we can't keep up, once all crew members are back to work. Second, the number of uploads has increased insanely.

And then, after such less than motivating mails, I really ask myself if this is worth it.

Hi,i have never met such a bunch of arrogant anoraks as the people that run this site, you reject
          photos without even saying why, how is someone supposed to correct a problem if they are not told
          what it is?I am guessing that the admin for this site are no more than the equivalent of sad train
          spotters middle aged or older still living with parents’ have made my living from photography for
          over 20yrs,working in fashion and as a war correspondent, if you can’t tell me the problems with
          the photos i uploaded i would take it the reason is you haven’t a clue! looks like you have
          deleted my account anyway, what an easy way out.
          Yo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
            And then, after such less than motivating mails, I really ask myself if this is worth it.
            Real talented professionals in any creative industry tend not to throw that kind of self-righteous attitude around, and I say that as someone who's earned a living in such a creative industry for over 2 decades. I suspect that guy isn't quite as good as he likes to think he is.
            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
              Real talented professionals in any creative industry tend not to throw that kind of self-righteous attitude around, and I say that as someone who's earned a living in such a creative industry for over 2 decades. I suspect that guy isn't quite as good as he likes to think he is.
              I bet his standard of cable laying on the stage is nowhere near as OCD as yours !
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• 4180 uploads yesterday during european winter season? Thats just insane! I am afraid of the numbers in the summer
                You should seriously think about a daily upload limit!

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                In the last batch of 100 pics I just screened, a good 50% were pics taken in bad weather, mostly very regular traffic... just saying...
                Still wondering why there is no rejection reason for bad weather. Nonone needs the 10000th Airbus A320 photo from Lufthansa under this conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
                  4180 uploads yesterday during european winter season? Thats just insane! I am afraid of the numbers in the summer

Still wondering why there is no rejection reason for bad weather. Nonone needs the 10000th Airbus A320 photo from Lufthansa under this conditions.
                  We are not like another site who will reject for bad weather. If the quality is there then there no reason to reject a shot in rainy/cloudy circumstances.
                  “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
                    4180 uploads yesterday during european winter season? Thats just insane! I am afraid of the numbers in the summer

To be fair, I'm living in Seattle, where it rain twice a year, and each time last for 3 months, so most of my shots are in rain/cloudy weather. But I get all the brand new aircraft from the Boeing sites so getting rejects just because of the weather I'm shooting in is a bit suck .

Comment

• Originally posted by huytrando View Post
                      To be fair, I'm living in Seattle, where it rain twice a year, and each time last for 3 months, so most of my shots are in rain/cloudy weather. But I get all the brand new aircraft from the Boeing sites so getting rejects just because of the weather I'm shooting in is a bit suck .

I am mainly talk about regs. where you have more than 50-100 pics already in the db. Than the screener should be able to reject it. Talking not about new ones.

You can be lucky to live in SEA. I live next to FRA, which has much less sunshine than SEA

Comment

• Sadly the queue is raising now again and reaching around 8600 pics in the moment. Also sadly there are currently quite high daily uploads with an average of 2100/day and sometimes even more. Hopefully it will go down a bit, I think a good number was around 5500-6500 pics in front. That took around 4 or 5 days which is fully okay.

Hopefully we will not go back to the times were it took 14 days or even longer for screening
                        View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

Working...
                        X