No announcement yet.

Screen Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see, would I want to do screening......NO WAY! but I commend all those who do what they do.......GREAT JOB and all the best to each one of the "CREW".

Comment

A big thank you to all the screeners.It is great having a queue below 6K..AN excellent job to everyone involved...I shall help by uploading 2 pics a week if the queue stays below 7K..You guys deserve it.Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivekkaul View Post
        A big thank you to all the screeners.It is great having a queue below 6K..AN excellent job to everyone involved...I shall help by uploading 2 pics a week if the queue stays below 7K..You guys deserve it.Great job.
        yeah, I agree on that one! After all, you won't be having pics uploaded from me for the next 3 weeks as I shall visit relatives who don't have internet
        Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
          2600 up-loads on sunday.....
          This was a normal reaction (kind of like stocks). Eventually it settles down to reasonable numbers. Looks like it took a couple days and now the uploads are back to normal.

Good job guys. Thanks for the hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel View Post
            Eventually it settles down to reasonable numbers.
            I hope you are right, the number of uploads is still very high, about twice as much as last week. There is a number of screeners screening large quantities daily to keep the queue in control

cheers, Pamela

Comment

I think its a welcome improvement. Great to see the Queue is under control. Thank you JP Crew, well done!

Comment

Nice. Great job everyone.

Comment

That was the number I was presented with after I just finished uploading a photo.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. I have never seen it this low. Kudos to all you screeners.

Comment

Months ago it used to be, "submit 'em and forget 'em."

Now we get results in days instead of weeks!

The screening effort on your personal time is appreciated!

Comment

The current speed is at 12 to 13 days before screening.
                      Is this a good benchmark?

Comment

No, it's not a good benchmark....

...But...

....we're working our butts off trying to cope with the current rate of uploads. It would help a great deal if photographers were more selective with their uploads. Just looking at what is accepted and comparing their images to them before uploading would help.
                        We have a more exacting screening process than Airliners.net (the second largest database in the world...we're the largest) so it takes longer to screen plus we have screeners on holiday. Don't forget, we're all unpaid here, we don't get free monitors to screen on (Airliners screeners do), we have jobs, families and a life outside of aviation photography.
                        You could of course go to Airliners.net, get a turnaround in about 7-8 days....and MANY more rejections due to their sometimes rather odd ideas of unacceptable !
                        My acceptance rate here is around 90%. On Airliners it's around 50% ! and I don't think my images are THAT bad !!

Commenting on an issue that we are more than aware of doesn't really help screener morale.

Not making excuses, just stating facts.
                        Last edited by brianw999; 2012-03-24, 11:31.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                          My acceptance rate here is around 90%. On Airliners it's around 50% ! and I don't think my images are THAT bad !!
                          Sorry to be off topic here, but I've been banned from a.net precisely because of that I tend to speak my mind sometimes and it gets the best of me... I was sick of having shots rejected there, yet accepted here. This is why I have a special place in my heart for jetphotos

flickr

Comment

You will always find that between a.net and jp you will have way different acceptance/reject ratios. I tend to be fair when I screen and think about my own photos that I have uploaded to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                              ... we don't get free monitors to screen on (Airliners screeners do) ...
                              Hmm that one I didn't know. Maybe you can pester ChrisK into giving ya one. I have always loved the Apple displays

Comment

I now try and send all my shots for pre-screening to avoid clogging up the queue, that way if it's given the go ahead, then all is well...only this week alone have had two shots given the all clear in pre-screening then rejected after submitting.

Seems to make void the pre-screening efforts, acceptance of a shot seems to be dependent on the screener and not the guidelines.

Confused

Rob
                                Last edited by burnsy133; 2012-03-30, 05:43. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X