No announcement yet.

Screen Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to say thanks to the screeners. Wasn't too long ago their was 17,000 odd in the queue. Now there's just under 10,500. Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

More screeners = more photos screened.

Comment

Bringing this up again... KUDOS to the crew who are screening photos very fast!!!!

Thanks guys!

Comment

Thanks Buzu, always nice to see our work recognised.
          Best regards,
          Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

I couldn't believe photos I had uploaded two days ago are already screened. Nice job!

Doug

Comment

2700 at the moment. Don't go smash it and upload lots of photos (or crap )

Comment

As Brenden says, this isn't an excuse to upload any old rubbish because its a short queue.
                Please exercise some restraint, read the upload guidelines which have changed recently, upload only your best shots, check what you already have in the database to avoid similars and we'll be able to keep the queue to manageable levels.
                You would not believe the sheer hard work that the screeners have put in to reach this astonishing result.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Amazing..my most recent batch of photos were in the queue for about one & a half days.

Well done to the screeners, this is much appreciated. Keep it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by aviationhk View Post
                    Amazing..my most recent batch of photos were in the queue for about one & a half days.

Well done to the screeners, this is much appreciated. Keep it up!!
                    It's a thing of beauty
                    Thanks for the kind words!

flickr

Comment

Thanks for all the effort and time put into getting the queue down!!! It is really appreciated!
                      Last edited by RCoulter; 2012-12-16, 05:42.

Comment

Thanks for all your hard work - a brilliant effort! A great Christmas to all the team.

Comment

I was wondering when I got a submission results email this morning. Screening in just 3 days! Thumbs up for the job!!

I really hope the low queue don't cause the people to upload more pictures and raise the queue again up to 10000+
                          Currently I have zero pictures in the queue. Seems like I edit my picts too low

Comment

Hats off to the screening team!!! Photos screened in 2, 3 days!!

Comment

I am happy that the screening queue is speeding up.
                              But with all things, there might be a negative aspect.

Are photos being screened too superficially?
                              I am not saying there is a lack of good will.

What I am saying is that speed is not always the best answer especially when the task involves human opinion (screening is an opinion....) and not a mechanized process.

Comment

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
                                I am happy that the screening queue is speeding up.
                                But with all things, there might be a negative aspect.

Are photos being screened too superficially?
                                I am not saying there is a lack of good will.

What I am saying is that speed is not always the best answer especially when the task involves human opinion (screening is an opinion....) and not a mechanized process.
                                I've been waiting for a comment such as this, I suppose it had to come sooner or later !

No, photos are not being screened superficially. What happened was that a large number of screeners got together and spent FAR MORE of their OWN TIME screening over the last weekend than they would normally have done in an attempt to get the queue down to a more user friendly level. The fact that the queue is still below 3,000 is testament to the sheer hard work that they put in.

I spent some time dealing with appeals. If the quality of screening had decreased then I would have expected the number of appeals to increase but this didn't happen. Appeal percentages remained fairly static considering the number of pics screened.

While I'm talking about appeals....please don't use the appeal process to ask how to fix your rejected image. The proper place for this is in the forums in the "do you need any help" thread.
                                Those people who use other photographers accepted work to illustrate their anger at getting a rejection also do themselves no favours. It is not acceptable. We are discussing your rejected image in an appeal and yours alone. Decisions will not change because someone else's image slipped through the screening process. All you will probably get from me is a request to file a correction for the other photographers' image.
                                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                                X