Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New year began for me with a big heartache !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary: You will continue to try to squeeze in as many shots as possible regardless of what many of the contributors to this thread have tried to tell you regarding wrong info, blurry, use of tools for checking the horizon, ...
    Peter
    http://www.vap-group.at
    http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

Forget this post. No pointing in making this even more personal. If you think it is all our fault, then you are free to do so.
      Last edited by seahawk; 2012-01-03, 07:42.

Comment

Originally posted by oe-vap View Post
        Summary: You will continue to try to squeeze in as many shots as possible regardless of what many of the contributors to this thread have tried to tell you regarding wrong info, blurry, use of tools for checking the horizon, ...
        No, certainly not with forethought, and not as a rule.
        It was not like that never in the past, I do not mean to do so in the future.
        If I need to do it sometimes, it happens only because of lack of consensus among the crew, and because I can not "hit the target" to the mind of everyone, everytime !
        You are wrong and misleading, and I do not understand your motive, but it's your right to continue to attack personally instead of dealing with main problem.
        Originally posted by seahawk View Post
        Forget this post. No pointing in making this even more personal. If you think it is all our fault, then you are free to do so.
        First at all, I do not think that it is all your fault all the time. Not at all.
        Sometimes It's my mistakes, Sometimes even I wrote big thanks after kindly comments. So it's not all your fault all the time.

But now it's too bad taht you deleted what you wrote before in this your answer before I answer that, that takes me long time to write in English, and that I think about every word I write.
        It could be proved to everyone that you prefer to continue to hit below the belt on the one hand, and on the other hand it was proved to everyone about your personally mistake, and that's because you brought [inter alia] the photo's link why I even begining to write this post, and that's the photo that James wrote that it's okay, but it's rejected...

It was also proves to all, that you are wrote with impulsivity, and without much thinking.
        Maybe you should take the time to think, or let's forget the whole thing ...
        Last edited by Guest; 2012-01-03, 08:38.

Comment

Now, at this point, I choose to leave this discussion, and as I wrote above, I stop wasting the precious time of everyone here.
          Even if anybody continue to attack me personally, I choose to not treat it more.
          I have many of more important things in my life more after our common hobby, which sometimes makes me sad.
          I'll back to upload photos, and "what will be will be", with hope to good.
          I wish a good year in every way, with good health, and peace to the everyone around the world.

Comment

Please remember this is only our opinion and does not guarantee that your photo will be accepted. The aim of this thread is purely to give you advice and helpful comments from our experienced team of screeners.
            This quote was written in 2006, and ok its from the prescreening thread but applies also to anything else we say in the forums. We have always said that we can't guarantee your photos will be accepted after advice, it is advice afterall, so just because I gave you my opinion on 1 photo doesn't necessarliy mean even I'm correct. I'm not the perfect photographer. And this doesn't mean there is a huge underlying problem in disparity between screeners...this is why we have a perfectly adequate voting system that has functioned well for years.

I have been reading and writing replies to horizon threads for years...we're not 100% perfect is the only real conclusion that comes of it, we'll do our best. Sometimes the outcome wont be what you want to hear..1 photo out of your 6500 isn't the end of the world.

1. In my humble opinion, I raised a very important subject, a subject that bothers not only me personally, but rather for many photographers from around the world participating in this site.
            It's should be very clear to everyone, at least according to some of the questions and answers of other participants
            Erez, you are NOT the saviour of JetPhotos.......by this I mean that you certainly are not the first person to raise questions about horizons and nor will you be the last. A search through the forums will reveal this, and the many solutions and answers which have been repeated here. And we certainly wont be making radical changes for the benefit of your own personal acceptance rate.

I can see that some of us are getting frustrated with your conduct in these forums, but frankly you bring it on yourself, and it seems not even just the screeners think this...your fellow uploaders have given hints to this through their replies in this thread.

Erez to the rescue? ....nah I don't think so.

Comment

Hi Erez,

I just thought I'd share my experience with JP and I hope it can provide you with some advice - I say this fully aware that you have over 6,000 photos on JP and I have only around 700. I also say this knowing that it is not answering your original query regarding the horizon.

When I first started uploading to JetPhotos, I would get a lot of rejections. I have also experienced phases of several rejections and few acceptances. I know this can be disheartening and disappointing - I even wrote a few similar (albeit shorter) threads. To this day, I regret writing those posts because as I look back at the photos, I see how flawed they are. Instead of taking the rejections as a wake-up call (that sounds rather dramatic but I can't think of another similar phrase...), I took them as an insult.

Generally, if I receive a few rejections for the same reasons (e.g. all for horizon or all for contrast), it's a good indication that there is something wrong with my editing process. I'll use the forums to ask how to improve the image - I have always received highly useful answers and the whole process has resulted in an improvement in the quality of my images (if I may say so myself). Instead of asking how to change JP to accept your photos, I think a better course of action (that would benefit both JP and you in the long run) is to show that you truly want to make an effort to improve your own photography standards. Then screeners (and other JP users) will then be more than happy to help with whatever questions you have.

Also, as many have pointed out already, try to upload only the best shots from a particular day of spotting. I have no idea what my stats are like in terms of photos from a single day, but generally I'll only upload the more interesting aircraft and angles and try to use only the highest quality shots. I'll keep the rest just for my personal collection. If I really want to share them and they're not up to JP standards, I use Flickr.

But overall the most important advice is to keep this hobby FUN!
              Last edited by g.forwood; 2012-01-03, 10:32.

Comment

Erez,

unfortunately you decided to push the matter. I did decide against showing some of your up-loads, but your last reply, leaves me no other option than to let the facts do the talking. So here we go.

The one you complained about:

rejected for horizon:

not rejected for horizon:

On its way towards runway 28.. SE-DIP. McDonnell Douglas MD-87. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Interestingly in all rejected ones the large antenna like thing leans to the left, in the one not rejected for horizon it is vertical. And yes, when screening a appeal we usually look for similar shots accepted, to check for a correct reference. This is something that can not be done equally thorough in the pre-screening thread.

Because in the end those poles could very well be not level, but they can surely not be level in one photo and unlevel in the next.
                Last edited by seahawk; 2012-01-04, 14:09.

Comment

Okay, real spanner in the works time, I was honest with Erez so in the interests of fairness I'll be honest with the crew as well. I've just had a very close look at those horizon rejections and they are unlevel - by 1 or at the very most 2 pixels. There's certainly no other real reference to use in those images due to the angle of the taxiways relative to where they were taken from, so those masts have to be used. Does JP really consider that unlevel these days?

I'm really not intending to stir up trouble here, but I'm sure most people around these forums know I've always spoken my mind and I have to say I'm utterly stunned at those rejections!
                  Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                    I'm utterly stunned at those rejections!

You aint the only one

Comment

Me neither.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                        Okay, real spanner in the works time, I was honest with Erez so in the interests of fairness I'll be honest with the crew as well. I've just had a very close look at those horizon rejections and they are unlevel - by 1 or at the very most 2 pixels. There's certainly no other real reference to use in those images due to the angle of the taxiways relative to where they were taken from, so those masts have to be used. Does JP really consider that unlevel these days?

I'm really not intending to stir up trouble here, but I'm sure most people around these forums know I've always spoken my mind and I have to say I'm utterly stunned at those rejections!
                        Well, this happens when you up-load a bunch of pictures. As said, it is impossible to tell if those antennas are level or not. But, as you know, we can look for previous rejections and accepted pics taken at that place and I think we agree that, those antennas can not be 100% vertical in one shot and lean to the left in the next.

Without a doubt some rejections can be discussed. I wanted to point out that this is a difficult place to level and even the up-loaded pics were levelled differently. So obviously inconsistencies can happen, they can happen to the user, they can happen to the screener. If the user then speaks about "personal mistakes" I have no desire to accept this, neither for me nor for any of our crew members.
                        Last edited by seahawk; 2012-01-04, 07:05.

Comment

Well, I promised not to bother more, and I mean always keep it, but honestly, it's a bit too much for me, especially after latest responses, so, I do it briefly as possible.
                          I think if we look calmly and fairly, without prejudice, without reference to past cases, you can see that in several cases the rejections were definitely not justified.
                          Now I am very calm, I'm not mad at anybody, I am hopeful for a better future to all of us.
                          As my father taught me once: The customer is always right, even if he's wrong, that he's always the customer ...
                          My intention, in total we should go for the participant when we not sure he was wrong or when we're not sure with one hundred percent ...
                          I hope you take my meaning.

I am hopeful for a better future to all of us.
                          Best regards,
                          Erez.

Comment

Just to make sure I understand your last post correctly, your conclusion is: you are right and can continue with whatever you do, the screening team is wrong. Is it that what you mean?
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                              Just to make sure I understand your last post correctly, your conclusion is: you are right and can continue with whatever you do, the screening team is wrong. Is it that what you mean?
                              Not at all, I'm only a human, and as I wrote above sometimes also I'm wrong, I'm not always right.
                              "Whoever does not do - not wrong."
                              There are phrases and sayings in the Hebrew language taht is very difficult to translate into English ...
                              So I always say there's a possibility of misunderstanding because of language problems.
                              As always, I intend to do the best I can, but unfortunately it's not always with successful, and I do not want to blame anyone.
                              My intention is that when there are borderline cases, you can go for the photographer. That's all.
                              As it's written above: It's just a hobby.
                              That's not a life or death, heaven forbid!
                              So why be angry because of a hobby?
                              I don't mean to angry here in the future, even if I'm sure that I'm right.
                              But because it's hard for me always to hit the target, maybe there will be some cases when you think that I have a wrong. It could be.
                              I am hopeful for a better future to all of us.
                              Best regards,
                              Erez.

Comment

I think we agree that, those antennas can not be 100% vertical in one shot and lean to the left in the next.
                                Of course, but if they're perfectly level (or certainly within a pixel or two of level) in the three rejections you've pointed out here then why were these images rejected? You've just invalidated your own explanation.

If the user then speaks about "personal mistakes" I have no desire to accept this, neither for me nor for any of our crew members.
                                Even if there's an element of truth to it? Isn't that exactly the same as what you're actually criticising in the first place - a lack of willingness to accept you may be wrong?
                                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X