X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.Louwen View Post
    I SCREENERS !

Or am I exaggerating now?
    Not sure about exaggeration ! .............

..........But I for one am going to keep my back(side!) to the wall if you carry on like that !!

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Screeners are doing a great job!

Signed, Daryl aka hkgspotter1

My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
        I'd also like to welcome our newest member of the screening team, Dave Henderson, who has joined us this weekend.
        Him? The creature from Belfast? You're screwed.
        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

From milan malpensa i can only say great job guys. Now only hope people don't start uloading in mass loads. I won't as i'm on holiday hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
            Him? The creature from Belfast? You're screwed.
            You know what name I'm thinking of now Paul! Well there's no aircraft to photograph in Northern Ireland so I have to do something!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chips View Post
              You know what name I'm thinking of now Paul!
              T****g?
              Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                T****g?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                  From milan malpensa i can only say great job guys. Now only hope people don't start uloading in mass loads. I won't as i'm on holiday hahaha
                  unfortunately it's the case. Sad to see that our hard work today will have less effect on the queue because people feel the need to absolutely upload more today while the queue is going down...

Comment

Just under 3,800 screened today. A great effort by all the crew! Well done guys/girls.

Comment

All I can say is just lucky the weather was crappy where most of the screeners were so most of us jumped on. Personally I am sick and at home resting, so I am hammering through as much as I can at the moment.

Also of note in 9 days we have screened just over 12,000 images so you lot do the maths.
                      Last edited by Brenden S; 2012-07-09, 03:51.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        ..........But I for one am going to keep my back(side!) to the wall if you carry on like that !!

hehehe, you too Brian!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                          Just below 1800 up-loads on sunday. Guess the queue will soon grow again.

Comment

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to the team that made a real effort this past weekend especially. I don't remember seeing that many screened pictures in such a short time, so again, thanks for that!
                            But (and here comes the bad part ) it is obvious that there is a problem. Most people won't care how long it takes to get their pics screened, some will care, but the real issue in my opinion is that JP is losing in screening time with the competition. A.net has a similar amount of pictures uploaded per day, but their average screening time is considerably shorter. If they can manage (and we all know how bad it used to be over there in the past!), then anyone can, especially a website as big and popular as JP.
                            Would adding more people to the crew be the solution? Have a tighter upload limit? What do you guys think?

In any case, I'm by no means complainig, just trying to have a respectful debate on an issue that always comes up every now and then.

All the best,
                            Alberto

Comment

Hello Alberto,

thank you for your input. One prlem that is often overlooked is the fact, that a.net gets roughly the same amount of up-loads we get, when our queue is around 15.000. When our queue goes down the up-loads go up. Recent experience shows that a reduction of the queue by 25% increases the up-loads by 30-50%.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                                Hello Alberto,

thank you for your input. One prlem that is often overlooked is the fact, that a.net gets roughly the same amount of up-loads we get, when our queue is around 15.000. When our queue goes down the up-loads go up. Recent experience shows that a reduction of the queue by 25% increases the up-loads by 30-50%.
                                Thanks Stefan,

so if I undertsand properly, the number of uploads is similiar but JP already has 15,000 waiting while anet doesn't have that "debt" in its queue?
                                About the increase in uploads when the queue is reduced, I am aware of that, and I know it has happened in the past. So the question is, what's better, to have along queue (and losing in that sense to the competition) or to have more uploads but less waiting time? Personally, as a simple contributor to all the main aviation websites, I prefer a shorter queue, but that's just my opinion.
                                In order to have that, then JP would have a 30 to 50% increase in uploads (50% is a lot!!!! wow!), so how can that increase be dealt with? Probably a mix of more screeners in addition to a reduced number of uploads available?

thanks again,

Alberto

Comment

Working...
                                X