Longest Flight Without Onboard Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest Flight Without Onboard Entertainment

Nowadays, many airlines spends millions to upgrade their aircraft with Personal TV and entertainment system.

But some of them do nothing on it, how would you use up dozen of hours in the flight without watching movies or playing video games ?

Yes I read or sleep. I don't watch TV.

Comment

From DXB (Dubai-UAE) to JED (Jeddah-Saudi Arabia ) on B777-268 ER Saudia Total Flight: 2.45 Hours
      it's was with P-TV but the only Chaneel was Inflight Info!!!
      It was the 2nd flight to this plane! One Day Old plane!

BTW I feel planes without P-Tv or Audio is better, I don't know why!

ptbodale WROTE:

Yes I read or sleep. I don't watch TV.
      How can you sleep with all the noise??? Don't you feel afriad from something bad on you flight!
      15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Comment

At first I never slept, but after a few flights to Australia its not hard to sleep now.

Comment

I'm with ptbodale, on long flights I use the opportunity to catch up on my reading. What I especially like to do is read a book about the particular airliner that I'm on during the flight... eg. read "Inside the Airbus A340" while actually on an A340 - weird I guess

Comment

Because I end up travelling commuter routes alot I have invested in a pair of Niose reducing headphones. and either my MP3-CD player or my laptop with an extra battery. This usually suffices. You know I wish that Airlines like Delta would at least fly jets that have inflight entertainment between their hubs, in addition to their long hual flights. I hated flying SLC to CVG in the MD-80 there was nothing to do but sit there. Of course I was in the last row so I had like no view and I could not recline becuase of the wall behind me!
            O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

How can you sleep with all the noise??? Don't you feel afriad from something bad on you flight!
              if youre flying on a 9,5 hours flight from AMS-AUA ore from AMS to Thailand (i thought 11 hours) that depart at 2PM your really whant to sleep.... and after you are in the air the noise is not so bad
              My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

When I flew on a USAF C-5 from Germany-Dover AFB (8 hours) there was no entertainment, and no real windows to look out of either...I just slept for most of the flight, and when I was awake I read some from a few books that I had brought along.
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

13ish hours, Auckland to LA, entertainment system broken. Fun!
                  I walked across an empty land
                  I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                  I felt the earth beneath my feet
                  Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Now that I have a laptop.. I'll be using that! If only I could track the flight while aboard.. that'd be sweet!

Do any airlines offer Internet while airborne?

DeltaASA16

Comment

Song offers the internet I think.

My longest was CHS-DFW.
                      I think PHX-CVG is DL's longest flight on a plane with no entertainment.

Comment

I was on SAN-STL on AA and it was on a MD-83 with no entertainment. That's about a 2.5 hour flight, I know that's not too long but that's the longest flight I've been on without it. NW probably has the longest Domestic flight w/o IFE.
                        Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                        ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Longest Flight Without Onboard Entertainment

Do any airlines offer Internet while airborne?
                          Lufthansa currently has one 747-400 equipped with Connexion by Boeing, but they want to introduce it on the entire longhaul fleet. AA, DL and UA were expected to be launching that program, but after 9-11 they didn't have the money to afford it. Maybe Delta might start Connexion in the foreseeable future, but for the time being, if you want longhaul internet, fly Lufthansa.

Comment

UNITED has internet in firstclass, iv booked in firstclass a few times with them and the service is great,
                            frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

KLM had the connexxion boeing 737 in service for a month but after that they never placed an order for the internet stuff....
                              My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Working...
                              X