Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Longest Flight Without Onboard Entertainment

Default Longest Flight Without Onboard Entertainment

Nowadays, many airlines spends millions to upgrade their aircraft with Personal TV and entertainment system.

But some of them do nothing on it, how would you use up dozen of hours in the flight without watching movies or playing video games ?

Yes I read or sleep. I don't watch TV.

From DXB (Dubai-UAE) to JED (Jeddah-Saudi Arabia ) on B777-268 ER Saudia Total Flight: 2.45 Hours
    it's was with P-TV but the only Chaneel was Inflight Info!!!
    It was the 2nd flight to this plane! One Day Old plane!

BTW I feel planes without P-Tv or Audio is better, I don't know why!

ptbodale WROTE:

Yes I read or sleep. I don't watch TV.
    How can you sleep with all the noise??? Don't you feel afriad from something bad on you flight!

At first I never slept, but after a few flights to Australia its not hard to sleep now.

I'm with ptbodale, on long flights I use the opportunity to catch up on my reading. What I especially like to do is read a book about the particular airliner that I'm on during the flight... eg. read "Inside the Airbus A340" while actually on an A340 - weird I guess

Because I end up travelling commuter routes alot I have invested in a pair of Niose reducing headphones. and either my MP3-CD player or my laptop with an extra battery. This usually suffices. You know I wish that Airlines like Delta would at least fly jets that have inflight entertainment between their hubs, in addition to their long hual flights. I hated flying SLC to CVG in the MD-80 there was nothing to do but sit there. Of course I was in the last row so I had like no view and I could not recline becuase of the wall behind me!

How can you sleep with all the noise??? Don't you feel afriad from something bad on you flight!
    if youre flying on a 9,5 hours flight from AMS-AUA ore from AMS to Thailand (i thought 11 hours) that depart at 2PM your really whant to sleep.... and after you are in the air the noise is not so bad
    My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

When I flew on a USAF C-5 from Germany-Dover AFB (8 hours) there was no entertainment, and no real windows to look out of either...I just slept for most of the flight, and when I was awake I read some from a few books that I had brought along.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

13ish hours, Auckland to LA, entertainment system broken. Fun!
    I walked across an empty land
    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
    I felt the earth beneath my feet
    Sat by the river and it made me complete

DeltaASA16

Now that I have a laptop.. I'll be using that! If only I could track the flight while aboard.. that'd be sweet!

Do any airlines offer Internet while airborne?

DeltaASA16

Song offers the internet I think.

My longest was CHS-DFW.
    I think PHX-CVG is DL's longest flight on a plane with no entertainment.

I was on SAN-STL on AA and it was on a MD-83 with no entertainment. That's about a 2.5 hour flight, I know that's not too long but that's the longest flight I've been on without it. NW probably has the longest Domestic flight w/o IFE.
    Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
    ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Do any airlines offer Internet while airborne?
    Lufthansa currently has one 747-400 equipped with Connexion by Boeing, but they want to introduce it on the entire longhaul fleet. AA, DL and UA were expected to be launching that program, but after 9-11 they didn't have the money to afford it. Maybe Delta might start Connexion in the foreseeable future, but for the time being, if you want longhaul internet, fly Lufthansa.

UNITED has internet in firstclass, iv booked in firstclass a few times with them and the service is great,
    frist is my last name, not a type-o

KLM had the connexxion boeing 737 in service for a month but after that they never placed an order for the internet stuff....
    My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Back to the topic, in summer Delta flies ATL-ANC, which a 7.5 hour flight without entertainment, with a 767-300. Same goes for ATL-LIM at around 6 hours , which is also 767-300(not -ER).

Delta's 67s used to have an entertainment system. Hve they been removed? (ERs excluded).
    Bite me Airways.....

Delta's 67s used to have an entertainment system. Hve they been removed? (ERs excluded).
    Delta's 767s never had IFE's, the only exception being the 767-300ERs, which IFE in BusinessElite. The -400s were to have IFE throughout the cabin, which is visible be the remotes seen in many cabin shoots, but the IFE's were never installed (And now they are installing IFE's on their 757s destined for Song ). The only DL aircraft with IFE in the entire cabin is the 777 and perhaps the MD-11, though I'm not sure about that (they'll be retired by Jan. 1st anyway).

Delta didn't have an in seat screen, but the cabin was equipped with screens on the bulkheads. In 1988, I watched "Major League" on a flight from LAX to DFW on a 767-300, not an ER. The average music choices were available through the headsets, and plugged into the armrests. You know the old style system. I've also watched an outdoors program in the back of a -200 going up to PHL from ATL.

BTW: The entertainment I'm talking about is showing a movie or having the music channels available. Not the personal systems at your seat with all the bells and whistles. I've still yet to fly on anything with that.
    Bite me Airways.....

I think CRJ's and ERJ's could have some sort of inflight entertainment.