Why does FSX keep doing this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does FSX keep doing this?

Recently FSX has started doing this weird jerking motion usually to the left while I'm flying. On my GPS the heading is the same but on my main panel it shows my heading slightly deviated from the route I was flying before the jolt.

It's like the aircraft is correcting the heading indicator, but when I push D (heading correct) it does nothing. My plane just keeps jolting to the left and then turning to a whole new course.

does anyone know why it does this and are there any ways to make it quit?
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

You sure it's not a layer of wind?

Remember the GPS doesn't show the heading but the true course, i.e. ground track i.e. where tha ariplane is going, not pointing. But the heading indicator shows, well, the ehading, i.e. where the airplane is pointing, not where it's going. With crosswinds, the gorund track and the heading are different. If you have the AP in heading mode, it will keep the heading but you'll drift off-course (as seen in the GPS or for example a nav instrument like a VOR). If you hav the plane in NAV mode, that is tracking a VOR or a GPS course, it will correct the heading to keep the course.

If you are flying in a zone with no wind and enter a zone with crosswind you'll feel a jolt, and then the AP will do as explained and the heading and course will no longer coincide.

You can have your wind displayed by pressing SHIFT+Z (I don't remember how many times).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I determined it was just the aircraft (kittyhawk 737) that was causing the problem.

I will try out the NAV setting when I fly later. I always do it manually (turning the heading) Is there anything special I need to do to get the proper course into the aircrafts computer or should it automatically detect it?

Comment

I tried this and it worked. My plane did the random jerk twice but it kept on the right track on the GPS.

thanks for the help

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see the previous post on time. Glad that it worked.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

You may not be able to help me with this one, but I like recording my landings to get better screenshots for a Facebook blog of flights that I do.

Every time I try replaying the video, it crashes FSX. It says there was a fatal error encounter and it forces FSX to close. Any help?

Comment

I'm afraid I have no idea why that happens.
              One only "help" I could guive you, if you want to call it a "help", is that you remove FS and then re-install it. And if that doesn't work, then do the same with the Windows.

Comment

Working...
              X