X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking new screeners

Hello everyone,

I hope this post finds all of you well!

As JetPhotos continues to grow, there's no doubt that many of you have noticed the ever-increasing photo queue numbers, and associated wait time for photos to be screened. We are in the final stages of adding several new screeners to the team, but we also feel that, even with these new additions, we could use more help.

Many folks have expressed interest in joining the team in the past, so I'm pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications to join the screening team!

Please note that this is a volunteer position, but if selected to join the team, you will receive a lifetime membership to JPElite membership, as well as other small perks that we try to reward the team with when we can (gift cards for the JetPhotos.Net Store, etc.).

Please also note that a photo screening requirement of 1000 photos per month over a 6 month period (that is to say, 6,000 over a rolling 6 month period) will apply to all who are selected to join the team.

Please send applications to [email protected] and include the following information:

1. a link to your photo portfolio on JetPhotos.Net
    2. a brief paragraph or two about your photography, experience, and why you'd like to join the team
    3. a short statement affirming your commitment to meet the screening quota (outlined above) if selected to join the team

We'll be accepting applications until midnight (U.S. central time) on October 31, 2012.

Good luck, thank you, and we're looking forward to hearing from you!
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Just out of curiosity (I doubt I'm good enough for the team), how much time is needed to screen a typical photo? When you say 1000 photos, are you then talking 20 hours, 50 hours...?
    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
      Just out of curiosity (I doubt I'm good enough for the team), how much time is needed to screen a typical photo? When you say 1000 photos, are you then talking 20 hours, 50 hours...?
      I think that varies a lot between screeners, and also varies with the "luck of the draw" of what photos come up in a particular session. Obviously it also gets quicker with experience. Having been screening since the site started, I can get through 35-50 (my average session) in 15 minutes in most cases. I know some are faster and some are slower than that.
      Trump is an idiot!
      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

On average I do about 100 in about 40 mins, pending on if we are all on msn talking or not and also depending on the research we have to do sometimes on an image.

Comment

I can do around 120 in one hour.

Comment

I take my time for each picture and reach about 60-80 in one hour

Comment

It also depends on your internet connection too.

Comment

screening times

Howcome some screeners open photos and they then show as "in screening" for hours and hours. Others open and screen 2-3 in 30 sec to a minute and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by OK-Spotter View Post
                  Howcome some screeners open photos and they then show as "in screening" for hours and hours. Others open and screen 2-3 in 30 sec to a minute and move on.

If there are two screeners screening and one votes to accept and the other votes to reject then you have to wait for a third screener.

Comment

application just sent.

Comment

Unfortunately I just accepted a new job, bringing myself abroad for 5 or 6 days a week.

Where I was 2-4 hrs a day on JPNet (and with lots of time left for screening), I am now not available any more, except of sundays.
                      And I think that's not enough to reach the quota.
                      What a shame......

Comment

Good evening all
                        I'm a little late to the party here, sorry! Are there any possible openings remaining?
                        Thanks

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                          Good evening all
                          I'm a little late to the party here, sorry! Are there any possible openings remaining?
                          Thanks
                          Yes, we are still accepting applications.

Comment

Hi Team, what about me? my application was declined? or just not yet seen?

Comment

Originally posted by davekz View Post
                              Hi Team, what about me? my application was declined? or just not yet seen?
                              The administration and Senior Screeners are in the very last stages of finalizing our decisions. As soon as it's official, you'll know!
                              Trump is an idiot!
                              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X