Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How DO planes push out of LAX Gates 1-4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How DO planes push out of LAX Gates 1-4?

Really wasn't sure where to post this, so:

For any of you familiar with the terminal setup at LAX, Terminal 1, gates 1-4 are the WN gates that are squished against the parking lot wall. From In-N-Out, it is very difficult to see how on earth do they get the planes parked at those gates out of that place???

I tried searching for some videos online, didn't find much helpful stuff...Do they do it where they push the plane all the way out of that 'driveway'?

Thanks,

Jerry
    Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Re:

Gives a good idea.

Comment

It's pretty much all about timing between ground crew at the gate and ground control as the alley way is basicly a one way street. For example, if an a/c is heading to gate 3 and an a/c is ready for push back from gate 1, the ground crew at gate 1 is supposed to wait for the a/c heading to gate 3 and park at gate 3 prior to pushing back the a/c at gate 1. Of course every now and then ground crews at those specific gates screw up.

The example above is from the link below. Gnd crew at gate 1 pushed back the a/c at gate 1 before the a/c heading to gate 3 arrived, so they had to pull the a/c at gate 1 back to the gate, let the incoming a/c park at gate 3, and push back again the a/c at gate 1. The blog is managed by an atc controller working at LAX tower, and quite an awesome blog btw.

Although I couldn't definitely remember why I had selected those two photos as candidates for the What's wrong with this photo series, I fi...
      what ever happens......happens

Comment

I see I find it very impressive that they could turn a plane around on such a narrow street...I have got to find the time to fly out of that terminal

Thanks for recommending the blog too!

Jerry
        Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Working...
        X