trip report 12-18-2012 United Regional Jet 200 - Q 400 EUG-DEN-MCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trip report 12-18-2012 United Regional Jet 200 - Q 400 EUG-DEN-MCI

My mother and I were delayed in EUG because the first plane was late from San Francisco and then we were stuck on the Tarmac for 40 minutes at Denver International waiting for a gate to open up and there were at least reported 8 to 9 planes waiting behind us. We made it to our connecting flight just as it was boarding. Why would there be so many planes waiting on the ground? Were there weather problems elsewhere?

Originally posted by bradhig View Post
    Why would there be so many planes waiting on the ground? Were there weather problems elsewhere?
    The Weather Channel, in their quest for sensationalism, has started naming winter storms. What our parents and grandparents would have called a "blizzard" and seen as just a normal part of winter became "Winter Storm Draco:"

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...ravel-20121220
    The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Originally posted by snydersnapshots View Post
      The Weather Channel, in their quest for sensationalism, has started naming winter storms. What our parents and grandparents would have called a "blizzard" and seen as just a normal part of winter became "Winter Storm Draco:"

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-...ravel-20121220
      It was a pretty good rip-roaring storm- we had a 67 MPH wind gust. On the other hand- yeah- it's a fairly routine snowstorm- perhaps newsworthy that last winter and this one have been pretty mild in the continental US.

I totally agree that the naming is just sensationalism- If you read more on weather.com, the criteria for becoming a named storm is very subjective.

It includes the time the storm hits- week day vs. weekend, rush hour vs. overnight, city vs. rural areas...and let's be honest- the latest Nielsen ratings!
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X