Taxiways with bridges over them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxiways with bridges over them

At the Denver airport (DEN) there is a pedestrian bridge over a taxiway (adjacent to Frontier's gates). Are there any more airports that have this feature.

Next time I'm there I will take some photos.

London Gatwick

Comment

One of the main arterial routes in Sydney passes under the runways of Kingsford Smith, does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
        At the Denver airport (DEN) there is a pedestrian bridge over a taxiway (adjacent to Frontier's gates). Are there any more airports that have this feature.

Next time I'm there I will take some photos.
        I used to taxi under that bridge when I flew for Western Pacific. Talk about unnatural! That took some getting used to. The thing I remember about it though, is a divot in the bottom of the bridge centered over the yellow taxi-line on the west side of the bridge. I asked about it once, and found out someone at America West tried to taxi a 757 under the bridge. Unfortunately, a 757 doesn't fit (nor does the 737-6/7/8/9, according to the book).
        The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Phoenix has the new SkyTrain bridge over taxiway R, although the whole system is still being evaluated and not quite operational. There will be no other bridges, however, as T & S go over the SkyTrain
          [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
            London Gatwick
            Yes. Imho this is the best example in Europe. Probably even me is able to fit through this bridge, although I've not tried that yet in a simulator...
            A cool piece of architecture:
            US Americans like to invent new liveries and new airlines. CO-B777, that's history, too (AD 2005).
            PS: The name of the photographer says something to me.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2013-03-21, 06:12. Reason: try to rename that ugly URL
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
              Yes. Imho this is the best example in Europe. Probably even me is able to fit through this bridge, although I've not tried that yet in a simulator..
              I believe you would : I think only the A380 is not permitted under the Gatwick bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
                One of the main arterial routes in Sydney passes under the runways of Kingsford Smith, does that count?
                I don't think. There are a lot of tunnels under taxiways: BRU from pier A to B, ATL from concource T to concource E, CDG T1 from terminal to satelite,...
                Love at the first flight

The link shows only my last flights of these last 3 years and some of 4 years ago.

Comment

Manchester, Leeds and Heathrow all have tunnels under the airfield and those are just the ones i can currently think of in the U.K. Add Paris Orly and Paris CDG in France as i know both of those airfields also do. As for bridges over the top i think that is quite a rare occurrence. London Gatwick was the only one i knew of and that really is a spectacular bridge as its tall enough for 747s to go underneath.

Comment

I think the thread starter's talking about bridges over taxiways, not taxiways over roads.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                      I believe you would : I think only the A380 is not permitted under the Gatwick bridge.
                      The only thing that I need to test that is UK2000 EGKK fsx (I own pmdg LH-B744 fsx since a few months ...).
                      But this is not the continent that I am on right in this moment if we speak about flight simulation...
                      And there are 5-15 fsx airports on my list, and some of them even are n/a, e.g. KEWR fsx...

PS: also, dear regards to Sam. You seem so much like a CX-B744. How does that correspond with your location?
                      Last edited by LH-B744; 2013-03-27, 02:44. Reason: greetings to the oldschool members
                      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
                      X