Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Air Cargo B744 at Bagram on Apr 29th 2013, lost height shortly after takeoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Air Cargo B744 at Bagram on Apr 29th 2013, lost height shortly after takeoff

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Last edited by jpmagero; 2013-04-29, 17:26. Reason: added link

High performance/steep angle departures are common practice out of SAM threat fields like Baghram, but Air Force personnel witnesses on the ground who should presumably have a clue what they are watching report that this plane pitched up nearly vertical shortly after Takeoff, wallowed around and stalled. The running theory is Load Shift or improper loading causing out of limit CG.

See here for possible example:

Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

I really hate these cases where the plane 'refuses' to respond to traditional control inputs.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

it's a boeing problem. a bus would never have allowed the humans to screw up like that and would've automatically adjusted all flight parameters to account for any and all cargo shifting.

Comment

Actual footage of the crash:

Comment

BTW, if you pause at 00:22, you will note that the gear is still down. Whatever happened was so quick, attention grabbing and violent that they never even got the gear up.

Comment

They've now adjusted the death toll to 7, from the initial reports of 8. Four flight crew, two mechanics, and a load master. RIP

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
              it's a boeing problem. a bus would never have allowed the humans to screw up like that and would've automatically adjusted all flight parameters to account for any and all cargo shifting.
              Sarcasm or not, you're a total schmuck for making a post like that, at this time.
              Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Oh man, to be sitting up front and riding it down. Sh*t. RIP all.

Comment

Reminder

Shades of Air Midwest 5481.....

R.I.P.

Comment

Man that video is scary stuff. Here's a youtube copy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icfVsql38oc

Looks like a CG shift for sure

Comment

i feel like a dweeb. i hadn't read the article and thought it had just dropped in altitude. had no idea it crashed.

now, tell me this, even if the guy driving what may be a humvee and was shooting the video is a soldier/marine/whatever, how could he not have said holy shit! or something? anything?

Comment

i feel like a dweeb. i hadn't read the article and thought it had just dropped in altitude. had no idea it crashed.

now, tell me this, even if the guy driving what may be a humvee and was shooting the video is a soldier/marine/whatever, how could he not have said holy shit! or something? anything?
                        Not sure, but I would likely have been dropping some pretty loud f-bombs. I could also see the crash coming from the moment the jumbo enters the frame.

Comment

There is a softly spoken "fukc" in there, but my guess is that these soldiers are trained to be nonreactive and stay focused. Me, I would have been screaming and jumping up and down.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcordeBoy View Post
                            Sarcasm or not, you're a total schmuck for making a post like that, at this time.
                            while i've admitted to not reading the article, perhaps the OP used the wrong language in his title: "lost height????"

yeah, it lost height alright...

Comment

" But I've been pulling up the whole time ... "

RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X