This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again all!

After my recent successes in getting three photos up, the following photo was rejected

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I've upped the contrast further and was wondering whether this is better?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0164.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	684.7 KB
ID:	1015609

Also, would I have to resubmit it or appeal to upload the newer version?

Furthermore, is this one worth uploading? I don't think there is a dust spot in the photo (on the piano keys) as the photos either side of this one don't show any dust spots. I think its some sort of marking. If it is a dust spot I think its impossible to remove due to the texture around the area.

Name:	DSC_0176.jpg
Size:	692.0 KB
ID:	1015610

I've noticed on jids workflow page that part of the instructions about contrast are invisible unless selected; heres the page in question: http://www.jid.me.uk/color.html

Thanks!
    Last edited by iranair777; 2017-04-17, 11:50. Reason: Added EK photo

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EGLLOYKBF.jpg
Size:	539.8 KB
ID:	1015611

Name:	EGLLPHBGD.jpg
Size:	514.2 KB
ID:	1015612

How would these do? I am worried about some of the clouds looking like dust spots.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        Sharpening looks fine, but this would most likely be a rejection for backlit, as there is almost no light falling on the tail.
        Thanks, I can understand that. I appreciate the feedback and info .

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4474ehmz.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1015613... hello all, is this 1 backlit? Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by iranair777 View Post

After my recent successes in getting three photos up, the following photo was rejected

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I've upped the contrast further and was wondering whether this is better?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7454[/ATTACH]

Also, would I have to resubmit it or appeal to upload the newer version?
            Appeal only if you don't agree with the original rejection, otherwise upload the newer version. However, the newer version also has very poor contrast (and noise), and will almost certainly be rejected for that.

Originally posted by iranair777 View Post

Furthermore, is this one worth uploading? I don't think there is a dust spot in the photo (on the piano keys) as the photos either side of this one don't show any dust spots. I think its some sort of marking. If it is a dust spot I think its impossible to remove due to the texture around the area.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7455[/ATTACH]

Thanks!
            While better than the rejected image above, this one also suffers from a lack of contrast. I do think this one might be fixable, in contrast to the rejected image which I don't think can be salvaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluepanda7 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]7456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7457[/ATTACH]

How would these do? I am worried about some of the clouds looking like dust spots.

Thanks
              Should be ok. I don't see anything that could be construed as dust spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by barcajax View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]7458[/ATTACH]... hello all, is this 1 backlit? Regards
                Can't tell 100%, but yes it appears to be. Also quite soft, so if you plan to submit it, probably best to sharpen and submit at a smaller size.

Comment

Appeal only if you don't agree with the original rejection, otherwise upload the newer version. However, the newer version also has very poor contrast (and noise), and will almost certainly be rejected for that.

Yeah I agree, it was a long shot!

While better than the rejected image above, this one also suffers from a lack of contrast. I do think this one might be fixable, in contrast to the rejected image which I don't think can be salvaged.
                  Is this better? I've added 40 contrast... Seems like my camera likes taking photos with low contrast

Name:	DSC_0176.jpg
Size:	716.8 KB
ID:	1015614

Also, I've worked on the following image as well. Sorry for the constant updates, I've just got many different types of photos and I'm getting used to the different editing techniques I have to apply to each one!

I used the windows as the levelling tool as I couldn't see anything else that I could use to level the shot. The 'winglet' is intentionally cut off (the original image had cut it off), however considering the SP is a dying breed I thought it might have a chance. Hope its ok!

Name:	DSC_0281.jpg
Size:	809.1 KB
ID:	1015615

Comment

Is this better? I've added 40 contrast... Seems like my camera likes taking photos with low contrast

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7459[/ATTACH]
                    Still an issue unfortunately. This is less a problem with your camera than it is a problem with the conditions in which you were shooting.

Also, I've worked on the following image as well.

I used the windows as the levelling tool as I couldn't see anything else that I could use to level the shot. The 'winglet' is intentionally cut off (the original image had cut it off), however considering the SP is a dying breed I thought it might have a chance. Hope its ok!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7460[/ATTACH]
                    Yes, the crop may be an issue; otherwise, it should be ok.

Comment

Still an issue unfortunately. This is less a problem with your camera than it is a problem with the conditions in which you were shooting.

Does it need more contrast? How much more would you advise?

Yes, the crop may be an issue; otherwise, it should be ok.
                      Great thanks!
                      Moving on, I have the following photo I want to upload. To me it looks fine with minimal editing required however I want to upload a large version of it in order for the details on the EICAS to be visible. As I don't have the required 50 photo minimum, is there any way to upload a larger version of this or would I have to wait till I have 50 photos up?

Name:	DSC_0411.jpg
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	1015616

Also is the following photo OK? Will the stairs be a cause for rejection?

Name:	DSC_0266.jpg
Size:	839.6 KB
ID:	1015617

Thanks!

Comment

Moving on, I have the following photo I want to upload. To me it looks fine with minimal editing required however I want to upload a large version of it in order for the details on the EICAS to be visible. As I don't have the required 50 photo minimum, is there any way to upload a larger version of this or would I have to wait till I have 50 photos up?
                        You'll need to meet the requirements before a larger upload size is granted.

Also is the following photo OK? Will the stairs be a cause for rejection?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7462[/ATTACH]

Thanks!
                        Yes, the stairs would cause a rejection for obstruction.

Comment

You'll need to meet the requirements before a larger upload size is granted.

Yes, the stairs would cause a rejection for obstruction.
                          thanks for the confirmation. As for the A330 photo, how much contrast would you advise?

Comment

• Hello there.

Are night photos now appearing on fr24?
                            My JetPhotos Profile

Comment

• Screeners, would you look at this picture and let me know what you think.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued...4#correct-infoClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6604-8.jpg
Size:	824.1 KB
ID:	1015618

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyingrock View Post
                                Screeners, would you look at this picture and let me know what you think.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued...4#correct-info[ATTACH=CONFIG]7463[/ATTACH]
                                As it is already in the queue, we will screen it, when its time has come. Please post photos here before uploading them.
                                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                                X