Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1850

Thread: New Pre-Screening Thread - CREW reply only

  1. #941
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Thanks for the help! In #1 and #4 that you said too dark, there is already a white point, so is it not salvageable or will a simple exposure raise do the job? Thanks again!

    Also, with the PIA 777, the pole on the far left is the only one that seems unlevel, everything else appears fine to me. Do you think it's just a squint one-off? Thanks.

  2. #942
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    12,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
    Thanks for the help! In #1 and #4 that you said too dark, there is already a white point, so is it not salvageable or will a simple exposure raise do the job? Thanks again!

    Also, with the PIA 777, the pole on the far left is the only one that seems unlevel, everything else appears fine to me. Do you think it's just a squint one-off? Thanks.
    On photos #1 and #4: try to play with the curves. That way you can improve the shadows without touching the highlights.

    The PIA 777 close up is definitely a difficult one. The eyes say "unlevel". A closer look shows me, that buildings and most pillars are level. I hate such photos . Upload it as it is.

  3. #943
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cartagena/Spain
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Hello, are those pictures ok for upload?
    Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83-25-German-Marine-Lynx.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	804.1 KB 
ID:	8260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NH-218-Finnland-Army-NH90.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	616.7 KB 
ID:	8261

  4. #944
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    São Miguel island, Azores
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Hello!
    Are these photos acceptable for upload? The first is a "night shot" and the second one i level it with the ocean horizon (not present after crop). Thanks again!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1085ps3x1200.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	558.9 KB 
ID:	8262
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0815ps1x1200.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	788.1 KB 
ID:	8263

  5. #945
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pawelm View Post
    Hi guys,

    Can I get an opinion on these two?
    Attachment 8255 Attachment 8256

    thanks
    Glare is a bit harsh on the first, but otherwise they have no major issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian S. View Post
    Hey JP Crew,

    three last pictures from yesterday...i know the weather was bad but are these shots acceptable?
    Attachment 8257
    Attachment 8258
    Attachment 8259

    Thanks a lot again!
    Not the best light, as you say, and I would also advise uploading only your best quality images at 1920pix. It's very easy to see any flaws at that size.

  6. #946
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellx View Post
    Hello, are those pictures ok for upload?
    Thank you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83-25-German-Marine-Lynx.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	804.1 KB 
ID:	8260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NH-218-Finnland-Army-NH90.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	616.7 KB 
ID:	8261
    Second is a bit dark, but otherwise ok for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo Paixão Silva View Post
    Hello!
    Are these photos acceptable for upload? The first is a "night shot" and the second one i level it with the ocean horizon (not present after crop). Thanks again!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1085ps3x1200.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	558.9 KB 
ID:	8262
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0815ps1x1200.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	788.1 KB 
ID:	8263
    Backlighting not really being used for any purpose on the first one imho, and I'd check the exposure on the second as the fuselage looks blown out.

  7. #947
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    What you recommend me to improve this photo and can be accepted.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100948-1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	8264

  8. #948
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osman1 View Post
    What you recommend me to improve this photo and can be accepted.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100948-1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	8264
    It needs:

    • CW rotation
    • better centering (too low and to the left now)
    • significant sharpening
    • more contrast
    • color correction - removal of green cast

  9. #949
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    24

    Default

    How are these looking? Had a bit issue with contrast since it's a typical Seattle day. Thanks in advance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N552PM1200.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	798.7 KB 
ID:	8265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N88331200.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	751.9 KB 
ID:	8266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N88331200.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	751.9 KB 
ID:	8266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N939GS1200.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	796.9 KB 
ID:	8267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N547BA1200.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	910.8 KB 
ID:	8268

  10. #950
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huytrando View Post
    How are these looking? Had a bit issue with contrast since it's a typical Seattle day. Thanks in advance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N552PM1200.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	798.7 KB 
ID:	8265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N88331200.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	751.9 KB 
ID:	8266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N88331200.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	751.9 KB 
ID:	8266Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N939GS1200.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	796.9 KB 
ID:	8267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N547BA1200.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	910.8 KB 
ID:	8268
    As you say, pretty poor lighting. Most, if not all, would be contrast rejections I'm afraid.

  11. #951
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Not the best weather conditions on this day, what do you think?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8265.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	565.3 KB 
ID:	8271
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8299.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	8272

  12. #952
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    São Miguel island, Azores
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Hello.
    Is vignetting an issue on these photos? Any other relevant issue? Thanks again!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1237ps1x1200.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	689.3 KB 
ID:	8275
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1247ps1x1200.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	718.5 KB 
ID:	8276
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1280ps1x1200.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	578.5 KB 
ID:	8277

  13. #953
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis,USA
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Hello Team,

    is this one acceptable or backlit.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/149552...posted-public/

    Thanks for your time.

    Thanks,
    Ninad

  14. #954
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninadranade View Post
    Hello Team,

    is this one acceptable or backlit.

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/149552...posted-public/

    Thanks for your time.

    Thanks,
    Ninad
    Not backlit - that shadow on the tail is from the horiz. stabilizer.

  15. #955
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCrow View Post
    Not the best weather conditions on this day, what do you think?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8265.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	565.3 KB 
ID:	8271
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8299.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	8272
    Both very borderline for contrast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo Paixão Silva View Post
    Hello.
    Is vignetting an issue on these photos? Any other relevant issue? Thanks again!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1237ps1x1200.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	689.3 KB 
ID:	8275
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1247ps1x1200.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	718.5 KB 
ID:	8276
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1280ps1x1200.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	578.5 KB 
ID:	8277
    Slight vignetting yes, but I don't think it's strong enough to cause a rejection.

  16. #956
    Junior Member alfian.massagony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    12

    Default

    hello, is this ok? thank you
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0299-1-2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	795.8 KB 
ID:	8278

  17. #957
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfian.massagony View Post
    hello, is this ok? thank you
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0299-1-2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	795.8 KB 
ID:	8278
    I'm afraid not: a little too soft, and some editing halos visible.

  18. #958
    Junior Member FederalAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Hi, I was wondering if these were acceptable? The photos were taken while a wildfire was burning just 900m northeast of Williams Lake airport. All the trees in the background are also burnt down, there was a lot of smoke.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-FCHK.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	8279
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-FPCO.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	828.5 KB 
ID:	8280
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-GIPC.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	917.7 KB 
ID:	8281
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c-flxt.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	940.8 KB 
ID:	8282

  19. #959
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalAce View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if these were acceptable? The photos were taken while a wildfire was burning just 900m northeast of Williams Lake airport. All the trees in the background are also burnt down, there was a lot of smoke.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-FCHK.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	8279
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-FPCO.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	828.5 KB 
ID:	8280
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-GIPC.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	917.7 KB 
ID:	8281
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c-flxt.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	940.8 KB 
ID:	8282
    Only the third one might be close to being considered acceptable, although it is borderline (for contrast). The others all have very poor contrast and are quite noisy, so won't have much of a chance.

  20. #960
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cartagena/Spain
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Hello, is this picture ok for upload?
    Thank you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N850GT-B747-8F-Panalpina.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	505.0 KB 
ID:	8288

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •