This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
    I already did some corrections like remove dust spots and correct colors. What more I can improve in this image?

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8417[/ATTACH]
    This image is quite soft, and lacks contrast. Was there any specific reason you had your camera settings as they were? The settings almost certainly contributed to the softness and contrast issues. Perhaps reviewing ideal settings for that situation could lead to better results next time?

Originally posted by alfian.massagony View Post
    i tried to fix this. thank you
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8418[/ATTACH]
    Not much has improved, unfortunately. Contrast, color and compression remain issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      This image is quite soft, and lacks contrast. Was there any specific reason you had your camera settings as they were? The settings almost certainly contributed to the softness and contrast issues. Perhaps reviewing ideal settings for that situation could lead to better results next time?
      No, I had no reason to had my camera with this settings (maybe my inexperience!). After this day I update the settings and the photos gets better. I had to agree with you it`s maybe the camera settings, but there is any way to correct this issues and improve this photo? For next shots I hope my actual settings help me. Many thanks for your quick answer and attention!

Comment

Not much has improved, unfortunately. Contrast, color and compression remain issues.
        please advice to improve this photo

Comment

No, I had no reason to had my camera with this settings (maybe my inexperience!). After this day I update the settings and the photos gets better. I had to agree with you it`s maybe the camera settings, but there is any way to correct this issues and improve this photo? For next shots I hope my actual settings help me. Many thanks for your quick answer and attention!
          As I said, it is soft and lacks contrast. To counter that, you should sharpen it and add contrast.

Originally posted by alfian.massagony View Post
          please advice to improve this photo
          Without seeing the original, I can't really tell you if there is any chance of coming up with something better. I can't tell if the poor color and contrast are a result of the poor light conditions, or of something you've done in editing, and unlike vcruvinel's image above, there are no simple fixes that can I can tell you that would make an immediate improvement. If you want, I can take a look at the original, but other than that, there's not much else I can tell you.

Comment

Without seeing the original, I can't really tell you if there is any chance of coming up with something better. I can't tell if the poor color and contrast are a result of the poor light conditions, or of something you've done in editing, and unlike vcruvinel's image above, there are no simple fixes that can I can tell you that would make an immediate improvement. If you want, I can take a look at the original, but other than that, there's not much else I can tell you.
            this is original file. thank you
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0103A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	1016429

Comment

• Originally posted by alfian.massagony View Post
              this is original file. thank you
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]8421[/ATTACH]
              I tried a quick edit, and couldn't come up with anything much better than what you did.

There are two main problems:

1. the poor light is affecting the contrast/color. Shooting on such cloudy days will always make it more difficult to get results that are acceptable for JP.
              2. you are too far away from the subject. The aircraft only fills up a small part of the frame, so you need to do a large amount of cropping. This ends up showing the flaws in the image (softness, noise) much more easily.

So your solutions are a) to shoot when the weather/light is better, and b) to get yourself closer to the subject (or use a lens that will accomplish the same thing).

Comment

As I said, it is soft and lacks contrast. To counter that, you should sharpen it and add contrast.
                See it`s looks better now

Name:	27052017-27052017-DSC_0165.jpg
Size:	719.4 KB
ID:	1016431

Comment

See it`s looks better now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8423[/ATTACH]
                  Contrast looks ok, but I'd guess probably still too soft to pass screening.

Comment

Contrast looks ok, but I'd guess probably still too soft to pass screening.
                    Do you think tehre is any possible way to improve this aspect? I tried here with no success...This grass below the plane is not cooperate.

Comment

• Can I get pre-screen on these, please. Thank you

Name:	63-77881200.jpg
Size:	603.4 KB
ID:	1016432

Name:	N729JB1200.jpg
Size:	751.7 KB
ID:	1016433

Name:	N233NN1200.jpg
Size:	472.0 KB
ID:	1016434

Name:	VN-B22112002.jpg
Size:	844.0 KB
ID:	1016435

Comment

Do you think tehre is any possible way to improve this aspect? I tried here with no success...This grass below the plane is not cooperate.
                        I can suggest Filter --> Sharpen --> Smart Sharpen tool in Photoshop for this purpose. During my test, amount 40% and radius 1,0 pixels looked fine on your photo. If you use lightroom, I can't tell you because I don't have it.

Comment

Yes, just selectively sharpen the aircraft. It's not so bad that a pass or two of USM shouldn't fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by huytrando View Post
                            Can I get pre-screen on these, please. Thank you
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8424[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8425[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8426[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8427[/ATTACH]
                            The first has some kind of glare/reflection in the center of the frame. Other than that, the quality looks ok on the rest, though double check the horizon on the second, and contrast on the fourth.

Comment

• Hello, are those photos ok for upload?
                              If yes, what photo of those two you suggest to upload?
                              Thank you.

Name:	G-DLRA Islander.jpg
Size:	851.3 KB
ID:	1016436Click image for larger version

Name:	G-DLRA Islander1.jpg
Size:	788.2 KB
ID:	1016437

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellx View Post
                                Hello, are those photos ok for upload?
                                If yes, what photo of those two you suggest to upload?
                                Thank you.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8429[/ATTACH]
                                I like the 2nd one better and I think it should be okay, maybe juts try to remove a bit of that noise. Rare catch there, well done !!!

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X