• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
    Thank you for your time.

For Tupolev, I adjusted contrast using curves and decreased exposure:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8806[/ATTACH]

For second, I adjusted colors, but I am not sure if there is green cast now:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8807[/ATTACH]

Regards
    Marian
    I see color and exposure issues on both still. I think the second might be easier to fix, so if you want to send me the original file, I'd be willing to take a look.

Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
    From the Prescreening thread

but I need some help in how many degrees I need to level it to get it accepted. It was only rejected for leveling. The rest was fine. Attached is the unedited photo so someone can may help with leveling?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8843[/ATTACH]
    Honestly, it would probably be better if you were able to figure it out on your own, as you're not going to have someone there to tell you for every single photo you edit. The easiest thing to do is use an editing tool like the crop or rectangular marquee tool in PS (ones that create perfectly horizontal lines), and use it to 'measure' the horizon. Play around with different adjustments until you find one that is right. It took me 10-15 seconds of playing around with your photo to see it needs in the neighborhood of 1.5 degrees ccw.

Comment

• Hey,

is the contrast and the sharpness really that bad here?
      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6075428

Thanks a lot
      Best Regards from Germany,
      Julian S.​

Comment

• Hi there. I sent this image to the pre-screening thread and was told that it has a blue cyan tint that needed to be corrected. I have tried to correct it but nothing I try seems to work. Can you please advice on how I can correct it.

Thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0059-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	745.8 KB
ID:	1016875

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
          Hey,

is the contrast and the sharpness really that bad here?
          https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6075428

Thanks a lot
          A bit soft in spots, but overall not that bad imho. Contrast is poor, however.

Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
          Hi there. I sent this image to the pre-screening thread and was told that it has a blue cyan tint that needed to be corrected. I have tried to correct it but nothing I try seems to work. Can you please advice on how I can correct it.

Thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8912[/ATTACH]
          Adjust the color to remove the cyan/green cast by adding red/magenta. See right side:

Name:	_DSC0059-2.jpg
Size:	764.1 KB
ID:	1016911

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Adjust the color to remove the cyan/green cast by adding red/magenta. See right side:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8952[/ATTACH]
            Okay. Will do that. Thank you so much for the tip.

Comment

• Hi guys,

obviously my previous successful uploads did succeed without me having proper knowledge of how to utilize the histogram to adjust contrast properly. Recently some pics were rejected on "too much or too little contrast" (should that be a single rejection reason?) - turned out the contrast was indeed too low.

Here is one of them:

Name:	S2-AFO_SZ.jpg
Size:	660.5 KB
ID:	1016939

And here's a screenshot of how it looks like in LR5:

Name:	Biman-777-screenshot.jpg
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1016940

Could you pls tell me what I did wrong?

Yes, I do not know how to use the histagram properly, never learnt it - so if you know of a decent online tutorial (the one in Brian's otherwise nice list in "Processing tips and tricks" is unfortunately broken), I'd be thankful for that as well.

Comment

• Hi,
                Please help me with these tow framings

Does this framing look ok? I don´t have more room below to maneuver out of the 4:3.

Name:	Interjet_XA-VAI_13SEPB17_1600_MidAir2.jpg
Size:	750.1 KB
ID:	1016942

This one looks more balanced, but still I would like your opinion.

Name:	Interjet_XA-VAI_13SEPB17_hi_MidAir1.jpg
Size:	628.0 KB
ID:	1016943

Thank you!

Comment

Okay, thanks a lot.
                  I'll try to fix the contrast issue and add a bit sharpening before i'll re upload.
                  Best Regards from Germany,
                  Julian S.​

Comment

• Hi there. I managed to add some red hues to the pic. Is it better now?

Name:	_DSC0059-3.jpg
Size:	757.0 KB
ID:	1016957

Comment

• I got this one rejected; the "technical issues" - darkness, sharpness etc, I've dealt with separately, but the "categories wrong or missing" one confused me a bit. I presume this relates to the comments on the fuselage - first to fly A320 Neo etc, but surely these would be classed as decals rather than a special livery.

Can you tell me what category needs to be ticked?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic Diesel View Post
                        Hi guys,

obviously my previous successful uploads did succeed without me having proper knowledge of how to utilize the histogram to adjust contrast properly. Recently some pics were rejected on "too much or too little contrast" (should that be a single rejection reason?) - turned out the contrast was indeed too low.

Here is one of them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8980[/ATTACH]

And here's a screenshot of how it looks like in LR5:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8981[/ATTACH]

Could you pls tell me what I did wrong?

Yes, I do not know how to use the histagram properly, never learnt it - so if you know of a decent online tutorial (the one in Brian's otherwise nice list in "Processing tips and tricks" is unfortunately broken), I'd be thankful for that as well.
                        You went wrong not with the editing, but simply trying to submit an image taken in less than optimal light. You can try to brighten it a bit and add more contrast, but no guarantee that will work.

Originally posted by crisquijano View Post
                        Hi,
                        Please help me with these tow framings

Does this framing look ok? I don´t have more room below to maneuver out of the 4:3.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8983[/ATTACH]

This one looks more balanced, but still I would like your opinion.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8984[/ATTACH]

Thank you!
                        Framing on the second is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
                          Hi there. I managed to add some red hues to the pic. Is it better now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8998[/ATTACH]
                          Yes, looks better.

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
                          I got this one rejected; the "technical issues" - darkness, sharpness etc, I've dealt with separately, but the "categories wrong or missing" one confused me a bit. I presume this relates to the comments on the fuselage - first to fly A320 Neo etc, but surely these would be classed as decals rather than a special livery.

Can you tell me what category needs to be ticked?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6074041
                          Indeed 'Special Scheme' is needed. If you check the upload guideline, it is clearly stated that "Aircraft with large stickers to celebrate the 100th or 500th plane delivered, also count. Same with advertising stickers if large or advertising schemes, these do qualify for Special Scheme selection."

Comment

You went wrong not with the editing, but simply trying to submit an image taken in less than optimal light. You can try to brighten it a bit and add more contrast, but no guarantee that will work.
                            Thanks for the response!

Less than optimal? The sun was shining from behind me, at around 4 PM, through a very thin layer of clouds (quite like a thin curtain). Would you consider that a "less than optimal light"? I might add that I always shot with exp. -1/3 to enable shorter exp. times, hence the correction at brightness. +20 or +25 at contrast is pretty much standard during my LR workflow, although I have to admit that I use that slider more instinctively than looking at the histogram.
                            Last edited by Vic Diesel; 2017-09-14, 13:18. Reason: Corrected typos

Comment

Yes, looks better.

Indeed 'Special Scheme' is needed. If you check the upload guideline, it is clearly stated that "Aircraft with large stickers to celebrate the 100th or 500th plane delivered, also count. Same with advertising stickers if large or advertising schemes, these do qualify for Special Scheme selection."
                              Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vic Diesel View Post
                                Thanks for the response!

Less than optimal? The sun was shining from behind me, at around 4 PM, through a very thin layer of clouds (quite like a thin curtain). Would you consider that a "less than optimal light"? I might add that I always shot with exp. -1/3 to enable shorter exp. times, hence the correction at brightness. +20 or +25 at contrast is pretty much standard during my LR workflow, although I have to admit that I use that slider more instinctively than looking at the histogram.
                                Yes, the 'very thin layer of clouds' is what is causing you problems with the image. It's making the background as bright or brighter than your subject. I'm not saying the light was poor, just that it could have been better (for aviation photography anyway).

Comment

Working...
                                X