This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got that one back for 'bad info':
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is this not a spotting location? Because there are similar pictures of the terrace in ZRH in this catergory.
    Thanks,
    Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by HarryLi View Post
      Hello Erez,
      I have downloaded your two photos to edit and here is the result of mine. I think is better than yours.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7687[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7688[/ATTACH]

Just for reference~ Hope can help you .
      Cheers,
      Harry
      Thanks Harry,
      I'll appreciate it if you could explain to me please what you did with each photo.
      I'll appreciate also an opinion from the team members.
      Thanks in advance.

PS: also needs help please for this photo.
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
        Thanks Harry,
        I'll appreciate it if you could explain to me please what you did with each photo.
        Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
        Hi, Erezs
        First of all, i think knowing how to recognize if the contrast is low or high is more important than knowing the way to adjust the contrast. Well, there is a post here you can have a look. " http://www.focusonflight.net/forum/v....php?f=16&t=12 "
        Besides, i use curve to adjust the contrast of photos sometime when you open curve you will see three different colors straw there and then using the black one to click the black part of the whole photo. You need to click many times sometime might click different parts to find the most suitable contrast. When i finish all steps of the processing i will check the whole photo if the photo has high or low contrast . If not, i will save if low or high i will use the " Contrast " function to adjust them again but that will be slight adjustment. Anyway, recognize contrast is more important than the way to adjust contrast.
        Hope can help you !
        And here is your photo. Click image for larger version

Name:	88783_1494219232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	573.9 KB
ID:	1015814

Best wishes,
        Harry

Comment

• Originally posted by PeterB View Post
          Got that one back for 'bad info':
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is this not a spotting location? Because there are similar pictures of the terrace in ZRH in this catergory.
          Thanks,
          Peter
          A spotting location needs some text describing where it is. In this case it needs which terminal it is, is it accessible from landside or airside only and any signs to follow to get there. The very best way to identify a location is a GoogleEarth lat/long location.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by ErezS View Post
            Thanks Harry,
            Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
            Give it +30 contrast and some low level USM sharpening. Be careful that you don't create any jaggies on the cheat lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
              Ok, as you say that you have no email, it was rejected for soft which IMO is the correct decision and not worth appealing. The aircraft is soft, especially around the tail area. If you want to upload photos at 1920px you must upload only your best quality images. 1920px will make flaws even more noticeable and make it easier to reject. You need to either sharpen it more or downsize it which can have a similar effect.

Hope this helps
              To back up James' answer. As I say in the acceptance email that I send to all photographers when granting large size permission. "1600 and 1920 images must be perfect. Any faults will attract a rejection".

Comment

• Originally posted by HarryLi View Post
                Hi, Erezs
                First of all, i think knowing how to recognize if the contrast is low or high is more important than knowing the way to adjust the contrast. Well, there is a post here you can have a look. " http://www.focusonflight.net/forum/v....php?f=16&t=12 "
                Besides, i use curve to adjust the contrast of photos sometime when you open curve you will see three different colors straw there and then using the black one to click the black part of the whole photo. You need to click many times sometime might click different parts to find the most suitable contrast. When i finish all steps of the processing i will check the whole photo if the photo has high or low contrast . If not, i will save if low or high i will use the " Contrast " function to adjust them again but that will be slight adjustment. Anyway, recognize contrast is more important than the way to adjust contrast.
                Hope can help you !
                And here is your photo. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7693[/ATTACH]

Best wishes,
                Harry
                Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                Give it +30 contrast and some low level USM sharpening. Be careful that you don't create any jaggies on the cheat lines.
                OK many thanks Harry and Brian.

Comment

• Originally posted by pawelm View Post
                  Hi guys, I need your help with this one:

In this case I was expecting contrast, under/overexposure rejection. Maybe even soft/oversharpen, overproccesed. But really, the last reasons I would think of were cut off and unlevel. Is it woth to appeal this one? It maybe wasn't a steady approach, but it was taken like 3 minutes after a hail storm, so there was a possibility pretty strong crosswind. And cut off? I really don't know what to say, most of my recently accepted shots from LHR were "almost wingless", and I have many more similar "cut off" shots accepted in the past.

What do you guys think?

edit: I tried to appeal, but it got rejected without any comments. Can you please point out what's actually wrong with this photo? Is it because of cut flap? Should I crop it tighter or wider? I really don't get it...
                  Can anyone check this one?

Comment

• Hi all,

Can someone explain where my postproccessing has gone wrong in this one please? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5866304

Furthermore, the following SQ `380 was rejected for bad composition even though (if i recall correctly) I stated in the screeners comment box that the aircraft was unstable on approach hence why it's wonky. Furthermore, as there is no indication of the position of the horizon, I don't see how the horizon is unlevel; its the aircraft which was unstable on it's approach. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5867208

Comment

• Originally posted by iranair777 View Post
                      Hi all,

Can someone explain where my postproccessing has gone wrong in this one please? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5866304

Furthermore, the following SQ `380 was rejected for bad composition even though (if i recall correctly) I stated in the screeners comment box that the aircraft was unstable on approach hence why it's wonky. Furthermore, as there is no indication of the position of the horizon, I don't see how the horizon is unlevel; its the aircraft which was unstable on it's approach. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5867208
                      Hello,
                      I have seen your photos link. The first link photo has very serious Halo Problem and that is the problem of postproccessing. You can check it with the function in JP.com which called Check for Dust.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages (1).jpg
Size:	799.9 KB
ID:	1015817

Besides, regarding to the SQ 380. It is indeed unlevel i think you should CW maybe you can give it 1-1.2. Well, i had the same situation before and also have rejected like this before. If there no indication of the position of the Horizon u can make the whole aircraft as an indication. And i also can understand that the aircraft was unstable on approach but as you said there is no indication so nobody can know if the aircraft is unstable in the sky because you don't have any indication for people to see if you have a pillar or building can show that this one is level so i think the screener will let it pass although the aircraft is not level.

Cheers,
                      Harry

Comment

• Hello,
                        Photo ID 5865438 was rejected for "Too much or too little contrast". I would like please to understand how to fix it in the photo. I donīt understand the cause as I see a fine contrast in it.

Thank you,

cqClick image for larger version

Name:	CONDOR_D-ABUH_ID6_01MAYO17_1600_34s.jpg
Size:	676.2 KB
ID:	1015821

Comment

• Originally posted by iranair777 View Post
                          Hi all,

Regarding the SQ A380, apart from the aircraft itself looking unlevel, also the cloud line and the gradients in the sky look unlevel.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by crisquijano View Post
                            Hello,
                            Photo ID 5865438 was rejected for "Too much or too little contrast". I would like please to understand how to fix it in the photo. I donīt understand the cause as I see a fine contrast in it.

Thank you,

cq[ATTACH=CONFIG]7701[/ATTACH]

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5865438
                            Main issue is simply the lack of contrast between the aircraft and the light grey background. In these conditions there is simply not enough contrast available. The result in your photo is a lack of shadows, making the whole photo look kind of "flat".

Comment

In this case I was expecting contrast, under/overexposure rejection. Maybe even soft/oversharpen, overproccesed. But really, the last reasons I would think of were cut off and unlevel. Is it woth to appeal this one? It maybe wasn't a steady approach, but it was taken like 3 minutes after a hail storm, so there was a possibility pretty strong crosswind. And cut off? I really don't know what to say, most of my recently accepted shots from LHR were "almost wingless", and I have many more similar "cut off" shots accepted in the past.

What do you guys think?

edit: I tried to appeal, but it got rejected without any comments. Can you please point out what's actually wrong with this photo? Is it because of cut flap? Should I crop it tighter or wider? I really don't get it...
                              Guys...?

Comment

What do you guys think?

My first question: why do you upload if you expect a rejection?

Anyway ... the chopped off stab looks distracting, for some maybe acceptable, for others not. Had I screened it, it would have been an instant rejection for dark and lack of contrast

Comment

Working...
                                X