This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TAA View Post
    No, but it is back-lit. Also the composition isn't great; I really don't see the point of belly-shots.
    Wow, this is an absolute expert statement.
    NOT!

You should maybe look up what 'backlit' means, because this image is absolutely no backlit! This is also not a belly shot!
    The shadows could be slightly brighter (although I think that this is a bit picky). Except from that, the shot is absolutely fine.

In general, please look up specific terms related to photography before using them!

Comment

• Originally posted by pawelm View Post
      Hi guys,

Is this one really that dark?
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

thanks
      Hi,
      picture is overall a bit too dark. Easy to adjust via levels. Darker tones need a tad more light and whites are a tad too grey.

Regards
      Alex

PS : nowhere this pic is even close of being backlit. And it's not what we call a belly shot either.

Comment

• Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
        hi Folks,
        Been a while since I uploaded and am presently getting 50/50 acceptance and rejections
        I have been happy with the first few. Here's some from overnight.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876789 "backlit + too much/too little contrast" It was on finals straight into the sun. I don't see the contrast issue.
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876910 "dark/underexposed = Too much /too little contrast. straight into the setting sun on finals with 'night shot' selected.
        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5876932 "dark/under exposed" 'night shot' selected sun gone down.

Appreciate feedback
        regards
        Hi,
        No backlit but first 2 pics would need aa bit more light. Easy to adjust via levels. The Germania has clearly more "pop" on the whites and contrast is good.
        On the 3rd shot, it's not a fully silhouette shot as it shows details in the dark areas. That's why for silhouette shots it's good to be totally backlit.

Regards
        Alex

Comment

• Hello, I got this one rejected for obstructing objects/foreground clutter. I'm hoping to visit some more museums this summer and as quite a few aircraft will have information posted in front of them, I'm wondering what I could do to avoid future rejections. Any advice gratefully received.
          Many thanks, Bob

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• Originally posted by bobh View Post
            Hello, I got this one rejected for obstructing objects/foreground clutter. I'm hoping to visit some more museums this summer and as quite a few aircraft will have information posted in front of them, I'm wondering what I could do to avoid future rejections. Any advice gratefully received.
            Many thanks, Bob

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5879990
            Hi,
            You need to think about avoiding the obstruction when taking the picture. I'm very familiar with this museum at Krakow an the signs are quite easy to avoid. Here by going a bit to the left the sign would not have been a problem.

Best regards
            Alex

Comment

• Thanks for the quick reply Aex. Tbh I probably should have noticed that sign before taking the photo!

Comment

• Dear friends,
                I asking please your recommendations to improve this photo.
                Best regards,
                Erez.

Comment

• I was told my photo had multiple issues such as backlit and underexposed. I am wondering what I could do to fix this photograph to make it acceptable. Also I was told it was in the wrong category but I used the autofill function which I thought would be correct

Comment

• Originally posted by Lat1918 View Post
                    I was told my photo had multiple issues such as backlit and underexposed. I am wondering what I could do to fix this photograph to make it acceptable. Also I was told it was in the wrong category but I used the autofill function which I thought would be correct
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5884444
                    Dear friend,
                    I'm not crew member but as I see it, unfortunately you cannot fix this photo.
                    It's suffers from too many problems. This one is for your personal collection.
                    By the way, about the category, don't rely on auto-fill. Always you have to check it out. In this case it's needs mark as "business Jet".
                    Best regards,
                    Erez.

Comment

• Thank you Erez!

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                        Dear friends,
                        I asking please your recommendations to improve this photo.
                        Best regards,
                        Erez.
                        Hi,
                        Blown out sky (overexposed) kills the picture.

Regards
                        Alex

Comment

• Hi everyone!

Could anyone help me with this photo which was rejected due to CMOS Dust spots and JPG compression artefacts.
                          However I can't find any dust spots and its the same compressions as all my other accepted photos?

Kind regards,
                          Jesse
                          https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/87479

Comment

• Originally posted by JVSpotter View Post
                            Hi everyone!

Could anyone help me with this photo which was rejected due to CMOS Dust spots and JPG compression artefacts.
                            However I can't find any dust spots and its the same compressions as all my other accepted photos?

Kind regards,
                            Jesse
                            Hi, Jesse
                            I have seen your link. Well, did you use " Check for Dust" Function there ? If you use that function you can see the dust spot clearly.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	????_20170602065631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1015855
                            Besides, you also can check the compression problem through this function.More detail you can check this post :
                            Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Hope can help you.
                            Cheers,
                            Harry
                            Last edited by HarryLi; 2017-06-02, 13:57. Reason: Photo doesn't show

Comment

• Originally posted by HarryLi View Post
                              Hi, Jesse
                              I have seen your link. Well, did you use " Check for Dust" Function there ? If you use that function you can see the dust spot clearly.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]7748[/ATTACH]
                              Besides, you also can check the compression problem through this function.More detail you can check this post :
                              Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

Hope can help you.
                              Cheers,
                              Harry
                              Hi harry,

Thanks for replying.
                              I thought it was a cloud but okay, screeners decide.
                              Apparently my lightroom changed the compression settings so that was probably the reason.

Kind regards,
                              Jesse
                              https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/87479

Comment

• Originally posted by JVSpotter View Post
                                Hi harry,

Thanks for replying.
                                I thought it was a cloud but okay, screeners decide.
                                Apparently my lightroom changed the compression settings so that was probably the reason.

Kind regards,
                                Jesse
                                Hi, Jesse
                                You're welcome. I have the same situation before the screeners considered that the cloud is dirty spot but we can not do anything ~ Just to fix it and eliminate the suspicion. And i think it is very important to check everything before we save the photos .
                                Cheers,
                                Harry

Comment

Working...
                                X