Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, would this image be rejected for Motive... 3.5 Obstruction/Clutter. In the updated guidelines it says "Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot, such as in use de-icing equipment, or if the angle of the shot means only a small part of the aircraft is obstructed, such as ground power units/cargo loading devices."

Thank you for the input. -Cristian

Click image for larger version

Name:	AMERICAN_N959AN_30AUG17_1200_ingate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	964.1 KB
ID:	1016567

Comment

• Originally posted by crisquijano View Post
      Hi all, would this image be rejected for Motive... 3.5 Obstruction/Clutter. In the updated guidelines it says "Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot, such as in use de-icing equipment, or if the angle of the shot means only a small part of the aircraft is obstructed, such as ground power units/cargo loading devices."

Thank you for the input. -Cristian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8577[/ATTACH]
      That is too much clutter.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thank you... good to know.

Comment

• Hi all

I got several rejections due to bad exposure or bad color. Are they okay now? Some below has never been uploaded to queue but I still wonder.

Name:	JP324-2.505.jpg
Size:	814.2 KB
ID:	1016668 Click image for larger version

Name:	JP326-2.jpg
Size:	819.1 KB
ID:	1016669 Click image for larger version

Name:	JP329.5.jpg
Size:	676.4 KB
ID:	1016670 Click image for larger version

Name:	JP340.jpg
Size:	707.0 KB
ID:	1016671 Click image for larger version

Name:	JP342.jpg
Size:	726.9 KB
ID:	1016672

Thanks in advance and many thanks!
          Regards
          Newbie to JP, view my photos here:
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=87690

Comment

• Originally posted by austinshih90 View Post
            Hi all

I got several rejections due to bad exposure or bad color. Are they okay now? Some below has never been uploaded to queue but I still wonder.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8688[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8689[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8690[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8691[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8692[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance and many thanks!
            Regards
            Exposure looks passable, though slightly dark. Please note that since these were taken inside the terminal, the ones with the visible window reflections will be automatic rejections.

Comment

• Hey guys, so I just start processing some pics I took from OMA airport, and I had a really hard time getting the correct color for those pics. Attached is the before and after pics, do you guys have any advices on how to proceed? Thanks!

Name:	IMG_4582.jpg
Size:	651.3 KB
ID:	1016734Click image for larger version

Name:	N994DL1200.jpg
Size:	724.0 KB
ID:	1016735

Comment

• Originally posted by huytrando View Post
                Hey guys, so I just start processing some pics I took from OMA airport, and I had a really hard time getting the correct color for those pics. Attached is the before and after pics, do you guys have any advices on how to proceed? Thanks!
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8756[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8757[/ATTACH]
                Poor contrast, smoggy/smoky day (and shot through terminal glass?) won't usually lead to great results. Unless you have some compelling reason to upload them, maybe better for your personal collection. If they were mine, I wouldn't bother making the effort.

If for some reason you absolutely must submit them, try adjusting the WB by bringing down the temp, and then adding more contrast - but I wouldn't be too hopeful for the results.

Comment

• Hi,

I received these two rejects:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I worked on some better edits and looking for some feedback.

On Tupolev, I adjusted contrast using curves, result is attached here:

Name:	OM-BYO_I.jpg
Size:	789.8 KB
ID:	1016759

On Fokker, I adjusted colors and contrast a little, result is attached here:

Name:	OM-BYB_I.jpg
Size:	853.2 KB
ID:	1016760

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
                  Marian

Comment

• Hi,
                    How much more sharpness does this one need, I already added a lot of sharpness but it was still rejected.

Thanks!
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/87479

Comment

• Hello.
                      This one was rejected due to "- Oversharpen; - Bad Info: Registration; - Bad motive"

Can any screener please explain to me the bad info issue? Corvo island airport is LPCR. And why the bad motive? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
                        Hi,

I received these two rejects:

I worked on some better edits and looking for some feedback.

On Tupolev, I adjusted contrast using curves, result is attached here:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8788[/ATTACH]

On Fokker, I adjusted colors and contrast a little, result is attached here:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8789[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
                        Marian
                        The first still has contrast and exposure issues (too much for both). The second still has a magenta tint.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVSpotter View Post
                          Hi,
                          How much more sharpness does this one need, I already added a lot of sharpness but it was still rejected.

Thanks!
                          Doesn't look that bad to me, tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eduardo Paixão Silva View Post
                            Hello.
                            This one was rejected due to "- Oversharpen; - Bad Info: Registration; - Bad motive"

Can any screener please explain to me the bad info issue? Corvo island airport is LPCR. And why the bad motive? Thanks

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=6064927
                            The photo barely shows any of the airport, its main subject is all the houses & buildings in the foreground.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                              The first still has contrast and exposure issues (too much for both). The second still has a magenta tint.
                              Thank you for your time.

For Tupolev, I adjusted contrast using curves and decreased exposure:

Name:	OM-BYO_II.jpg
Size:	759.9 KB
ID:	1016772

For second, I adjusted colors, but I am not sure if there is green cast now:

Name:	OM-BYB_II.jpg
Size:	857.3 KB
ID:	1016773

Regards
                              Marian

Comment

• From the Prescreening thread
                                Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                                The second one is slightly better, but there is not much difference to be honest.
                                but I need some help in how many degrees I need to level it to get it accepted. It was only rejected for leveling. The rest was fine. Attached is the unedited photo so someone can may help with leveling?

Name:	IMG_6061-2 (2).jpg
Size:	611.0 KB
ID:	1016809
                                View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

Working...
                                X