777 Crash and Fire at SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
    Eyewitness to plane crash says that the plane "started shaking violently" after it hit ground, tail was ripped off, and it "rolled over."

Cartwheeled ?
    Don't think so. The plane is mostly intact except for the very aft part of the trail (vertical and horizontal tails and APU) and the engines were ripped off. Even the wings are attached which says it did not "cartwheel."

Comment

Comment

Comment

From CNN video, you can see the debris trail start even before the runway begins. The vertical and horizontal parts of the tail are scattered, but intact, on the runway.

They landed short and smacked the tail on the ground.

Comment

From another source, there were school children aboard, from a summer camp.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0dFtmSybpuw
            A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

You can see the rear pressure bulkhead exposed; you can also see a noticeable buckling of the fuselage a few rows forward of the rear doors, suggesting a very heavy tail first impact (similar to the TK 737 at AMS).

Both wings clearly attached; nothing to suggest cartwheeling. Seems to be a nose high attitude on landing, resulting in a heavy tailstrike and aircraft just rolled out, out of control?

Comment

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
                You can see the rear pressure bulkhead exposed; you can also see a noticeable buckling of the fuselage a few rows forward of the rear doors, suggesting a very heavy tail first impact (similar to the TK 737 at AMS).

Both wings clearly attached; nothing to suggest cartwheeling. Seems to be a nose high attitude on landing, resulting in a heavy tailstrike and aircraft just rolled out, out of control?
                Apparently it was a tail strike, during landing.
                A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

WAAAY short. Looking for height ?

Comment

Piece of gear back by the tail . How does that happen ?

Comment

live atc recording

what ever happens......happens

Comment

Wall Street Journal ‏@WSJ 47s
                        Pilots who saw Asiana 777 crash in San Francisco say it landed hard, cartwheeled, erupted in flames.

Comment

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
                          Only the second 777 ever to be written off; hopefully still non-fatal, though reported that many taken to hospital.

LN 553. Crashed on landing at San Francisco International Airport, July 6, 2013.. HL7742. Boeing 777-28E(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

LN 553, first flight Feb 2006.
                          I think its the third, one burnt up in Egypt on the ground.
                          "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
                            Piece of gear back by the tail . How does that happen ?
                            There is a wall at the beginning of the runway, I would presume for flood control. I´ve seen an image (link below) with scrape marks or a hole on that wall. Purely speculating here, but it looks like the right MLG hit that wall, broke off and caused the plane to slam into the ground loosing the tail in the process.

Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Looks like the right gear hit that stone wall, similar to what someone else said.

Just my inference, the professionals will be able to determine exactly what occurred.
                              ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310 View Post
                                Looks like the right gear hit that stone wall, similar to what someone else said.

Just my inference, the professionals will be able to determine exactly what occurred.
                                Ok so I guess we wait for Gabriel...

EDIT : KTVU in SF reporting two dead.

KTVU stream : http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/ktvu...vtSfR/?updated

Comment

Working...
                                X