Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: My Modeling Blog

  1. #1
    Member porter guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    guelph
    Posts
    695

    Default My Modeling Blog

    Hey guys,

    Glad to see some great models that have turned out really great. But one thing I have found the internet lacking is how modelers make their models look so good. So I have started a blog a while ago that I have just recently really gotten into where I share stories and techniques as well as real life uses of certain aircraft.

    This is my blog, most of it is Canadian stuff but there are others too. Feel free to comment if you like. http://modelplanes.blogspot.ca/
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

  2. #2
    Member ATLcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Nice work. I built the KP MiG-15 many years ago. I went with the red-over-silver aerobatic scheme the kit also offered.

  3. #3
    Member porter guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    guelph
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLcrew View Post
    Nice work. I built the KP MiG-15 many years ago. I went with the red-over-silver aerobatic scheme the kit also offered.

    It's one of those things I love and hate about model kits with multiple construction options. When you build one you win up with a lot of extra pieces or decals. And if you buy another kit to make a different version then you have all those pieces and decals left
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

  4. #4
    Member ATLcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by porter guy View Post
    It's one of those things I love and hate about model kits with multiple construction options. When you build one you win up with a lot of extra pieces or decals. And if you buy another kit to make a different version then you have all those pieces and decals left
    That's why every Serious Modeler has something called Ye Olde Spares Box.

  5. #5
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Interesting blog indeed.
    I build models too but only at 1/48 scale

  6. #6
    Member ATLcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    Interesting blog indeed.
    I build models too but only at 1/48 scale
    As do I anymore. It's much easier to build those what with even the small parts being much larger than in 1/72. When I first started modeling around the last ice age, there were a lot more models in 1/72 than in 1/48, so 1/72 was a more attractive scale. That's no longer the case. Even some very large aircraft are now available in 1/48, case in point Trumpeter's new A-3.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    172

    Default

    I prefer 1/6 - 1/4 scale capable of flight.
    Latest project:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_W27...e_gdata_player

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •