Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Modeling Blog

Hey guys,

Glad to see some great models that have turned out really great. But one thing I have found the internet lacking is how modelers make their models look so good. So I have started a blog a while ago that I have just recently really gotten into where I share stories and techniques as well as real life uses of certain aircraft.

This is my blog, most of it is Canadian stuff but there are others too. Feel free to comment if you like. http://modelplanes.blogspot.ca/
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Nice work. I built the KP MiG-15 many years ago. I went with the red-over-silver aerobatic scheme the kit also offered.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      Nice work. I built the KP MiG-15 many years ago. I went with the red-over-silver aerobatic scheme the kit also offered.

It's one of those things I love and hate about model kits with multiple construction options. When you build one you win up with a lot of extra pieces or decals. And if you buy another kit to make a different version then you have all those pieces and decals left
      I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by porter guy View Post
        It's one of those things I love and hate about model kits with multiple construction options. When you build one you win up with a lot of extra pieces or decals. And if you buy another kit to make a different version then you have all those pieces and decals left
        That's why every Serious Modeler has something called Ye Olde Spares Box.

Comment

Interesting blog indeed.
          I build models too but only at 1/48 scale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
            Interesting blog indeed.
            I build models too but only at 1/48 scale
            As do I anymore. It's much easier to build those what with even the small parts being much larger than in 1/72. When I first started modeling around the last ice age, there were a lot more models in 1/72 than in 1/48, so 1/72 was a more attractive scale. That's no longer the case. Even some very large aircraft are now available in 1/48, case in point Trumpeter's new A-3.

Comment

I prefer 1/6 - 1/4 scale capable of flight.
              Latest project:
              Acrowot retracts installed in a mk 1 acrowot. Let's see if the Saito 125 will lift this 4.25 kg beast off the ground....

Comment

Working...
              X