F-16s destroyed two drug airplanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-16s destroyed two drug airplanes

Venezuelan F-16s just destroyed two airplanes involved in narco traffic. Apparently they were coming from Colombia and intercepted in southern Apure state, Venezuela by two F-16s.
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

I remember two members of our flying club, in 1982, went on a dream flying vacation accompanied by another couple each taking their own planes. They flew from here in New Jersey and down the west coast of South America to Tierra Del Fuego.

They said that despite having the proper clearances, they were intercepted on a few occasions by varied SA, military and it was quite frightening.

Seeing those dual props, one of the planes was a twin. How easily they could have died on a flying vacation.
    Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

The photo shows what, in my opinion, is quite clearly an airplane that was about intact and "parked" on the ground, and then destroyed by fire.

Both props were not rotating, the contour of the ashes looks almost like the "shadow" of the plane, the engines and tail are in the correct position one regarding the others, this means a level "crash" and, at the same time, no forward speed on "impact", and this means no crash and no impact. And this means that the plane arrived to its final position in control until it stopped, and this means that the pilot was alive.

This plane was destroyed on the ground.

Maybe intercepted and forced to land in what looks like an open field, and maybe then destroyed by the narcos themselves to destroy the evidence.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

what's the source? the pic clearly look photoshopped. look at the tail area

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          The photo shows what, in my opinion, is quite clearly an airplane that was about intact and "parked" of the ground, and then destroyed by fire.

Both props were not rotating, the contour of the ashes looks almost like the "shadow" of the plane, the engines and tail are in the correct position one regarding the others, this means a level "crash" and, at the same time, no forward speed on "impact", and this means no crash and no impact. And this means that the plane arrived to its final position in control until it stopped, and this means that the pilot was alive.

This plane was destroyed on the ground.

Maybe intercepted and forced to land in what looks like an open field, and maybe then destroyed by the narcos themselves to destroy the evidence.
          I agree 100% with you.
          The propellers are in feathered position, when your engines are stopped,
          and you need to glide without engines.

Comment

Turbine and high tail, perhaps a King Air? I could have been that they did a run with the guns while they were just parked.

Someone had a bad day, worse if they were in the plane.

It does say they were intercepted which indicates they were in the air. Forced to land and then strafed is pretty shaky unless they had good eyes on the ground at the point of departure to verify they were narco traffic.

It's also a good way of taking out the competition, sorry as to offend, but SA is out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
              ...but SA is out of control.
              Whole south America ??

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                Whole south America ??
                Maybe Uruguay not so much...

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Ok, 85% of South America is out of control. Sorry, I'm not feeling very PC today. Someone is going to mention the "Canadian cartels" of Vancouver but then they aren't indigenous Canadian's are they?

Putin is about the only leader of a "cartel" on the other side of the pond that I worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                    Ok, 85% of South America is out of control. Sorry, I'm not feeling very PC today. Someone is going to mention the "Canadian cartels" of Vancouver but then they aren't indigenous Canadian's are they?

Putin is about the only leader of a "cartel" on the other side of the pond that I worry about.
                    The USA is the world's largest consumer of drugs, Russia and Holland are next. Fix your own home before pointing fingers at other countries.
                    The bolivian farmers have been producing coca leaves for thousand of years, until an american priest decided to crystallize it and convert it into cocaine in the early 1800s. Even Coca Cola used cocaine in their original formula. As you can see is not the farmers fault.

Comment

Fully aware that it's a supply and demand issue and that both governments benefit. I also feel sorry for the poor farmers however, though we have police corruption here, it is rare, almost unheard of that it is organized and more the norm than the isolated incident. Ever since my early days of surfing in the 1960's it was advised that if you go to Mexico to take extra cash to pay off the police who will stop you and find drugs even though you don't use them. Sad reality. Holland is said only to have a pot issue and it's not much of an issue since it, for the most part is legal. They are also said to have 85% less hard drug use than the US and other Euro countries, that, is a substantial number. I am on the fence when it comes to legalizing pot and some days I'm for it but then others not so much.

The bad news for the poor farmers if it was legal is that US Agri-Business would put them in even more dire straits?

I'm not a blind Chauvinistic flag waver and yes, I use the traditional instead of the feminist definition, it says so much more.

Comment

More bad blood inbetween Venezuela and Colombia.
                        "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Working...
                        X