Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Whos phasing out 747s in the coming months

Conviasa stopped operating the 744 leased from Wamos.

Both Lion Air Indonesia 744s are out of service and stored.

Since the end of 2016? And until November 2017?

Since I am a JP member, nobody could have a more sinister thought, but I don't think that the VC-25 is longer needed.

US-President Obama has visited Germany in 2017, as a civilian, in contrast to the VC-25!

Thus, what's the price for one VC-25? I'd buy it for one US-$. And in contrast to the White House in Washington 2017, I'd knew more than one airport
    where 747s are used for what chief engineer Sutter once has invented them: t/o and FLY!

In Europe, in Australia, in Asia. Worldwide.

The 747 has not been invented to be parked! Even the 747 gear has not been invented to be used for more than 12 hours. I wouldn't own this nickname if I knew only one another name: Palace in the Sky (Air India), Queen of the Skies, worldwide the only doubledecker jet with extended range (ER, in Australia), etc..

In Germany, "she" is part of the daily schedule. I wouldn't own this nickname if not.

1 US-Dollar. And the VC-25 again has something to do.

PS: President Obama, Sir, you surely know where 747s are flown and not stored due to the lack of diplomatic bonds with South America and Europe. It would be worth 371 exclusive seats and two diamonds for me..
    Last edited by LH-B744; 05-31-2017 at 04:30 AM. Reason: One 747 who (captains n F/Os included) is parked? Sh*t, you better sell it!
    In memoriam Jim Croce, who died 44 years ago, as a passenger aboard a Beech 18 propeller. RIP, young fellow (he died before his 31st birthday) !

Not only for all pilots and passengers who die, younger than Antoine de Saint-Exupéry... John Belushi... :
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiii View Post
    Both Lion Air Indonesia 744s are out of service and stored.
    Hm. I was 11 years old when the first LH-B744 was inaugurated. So, I am able to find a sense for another two B744s.

This must be a good day. Thank God, I have found again one of my very prominent computer desktop background images, since the last 20 years?!

My first assumption was, that it had been a
    jetphoto.
    But since a few minutes I definitely know it, Indonesia, on board a LH-B744:
    The Victor Tango, always a pleasure.
    - I'd say, one of the very few brilliant occasions where a B744 tailfin was captured in a photo that is VERY close to perfection. Almost 20 meters high, and 64,4 m wide (some experienced men say 64,6 or 65 to not exceed wingspan restrictions..). Compare that to your house or your nearest bridge.. And then take it with the normal B744 landing speed...
    Can a photo be dynamic, with a perfect angle, so that you can guess the size of the real thing? Well, yes it can.

What definitely has been a computer background for somebody with my nickname?

So, Ruiii, if you definitely do no longer need those two B744s... 1 US-Dollar, each. And I'll find a task for them, see Victor Tango.

PS: There's also one video version, with sound. man oh man.
    ex LH flight #778, I can translate the sound if necessary.

"Welcome to Jakarta, ladies and Gentlemen. Please stay seated until the seatbelt signs have been turned off. Flight Captain (?) LH-B744 and his crew like to say goodbye. For those who stay in Jakarta, we wish a pleasant stay. We hope to see you soon on board a Lufthansa flight.
    So long."
    Das wäre meine Version, ich merke gerade ich hätte natürlich nicht übersetzen müssen...
    Last edited by LH-B744; 05-31-2017 at 05:32 AM. Reason: LH-B744.. with sound. :-D
    In memoriam Jim Croce, who died 44 years ago, as a passenger aboard a Beech 18 propeller. RIP, young fellow (he died before his 31st birthday) !

Not only for all pilots and passengers who die, younger than Antoine de Saint-Exupéry... John Belushi... :
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

Armenian cargo carrier South Airlines have ended 747 ops.

Last 747-100 in the world ends ops, it was serving as a GE test bed.

Abu Dhabi govt. becomes latest to dump 747, got rid of both their 748 BBJs, one been gifted to Morrocco, the other went to Qatar govt after it wasn't taken.

Please, the day Lufthansa phases out its 747s can't come soon enough.