Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Whos phasing out 747s in the coming months

Malaysia Airlines are said to have sold their last 747 the one that got the retro livery, what a bizzare thing to happen after the repaint effort, was it used on any route after London didnt get it? MASkargo too have parked both their 744F.

Quote Originally Posted by LUNN View Post
    Malaysia Airlines are said to have sold their last 747 the one that got the retro livery, what a bizzare thing to happen after the repaint effort, was it used on any route after London didnt get it? MASkargo too have parked both their 744F.
    Malaysia is a very special topic. It is one of these topics that apparently do not recover fast. Afaik, London (Heathrow in this case) is not the only intercontinental airport in Europe. It seems to be the last airport in Europe for certain airlines that prevents them from completely ignoring Europe. That is true for:
    Malaysia Airlines
    and
    Qantas.

WMKK is an entry in the list "former LH-B744 nonstop destinations", then it was completely deleted from the LH schedule. I don't know if German passengers avoid Malaysia. But since I am a jp member, I've seen two options that can happen with a former LH-B744 destination:
    1)a It is served with Airbus.
    1)b /w the new sister ship: -8i
    or
    2) It is permanently banned from the LH schedule.

It is only an assumption, but #1) is not right for WMKK...
    At this moment, I can't remember a destination, that, once completely deleted, came back to the LH-B744 schedule. Sad, but afaik, there are two heavy reasons, since 2014...

PS: I don't wanna go that far to say that important airports can't live without at least 1 US-American airline. But Kuala Lumpur seems to have lost alot, compared to Chek Lap Kok.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 08-05-2016 at 04:26 AM. Reason: 748i is the code, but Sutter calls her... the /8 lady?
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
    The operator on the DUS - NYC route, on the DUS - BKK route, and on the shiny new DUS - LAS nonstop route? EW, one of the dearest LH daughters .

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.

Who does no longer like to fly the 744?

Well. In Europe and at Suvarnabhumi we stand strong, since AF has left the 747 club in 2015.
    The B744 stands strong until, well, and I should know it, at least March 2017, I'd say...

Our neighbours in Amsterdam like to second that, as well as our TG partners. A funny thing is, where all these birds can be found. Between the US West Coast, Australia, Asia and Europe.

Afaik, the B744ER Wunala Echo Juliett also survives, although not in this gala uniform:
    Today she wears something rather boring.
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    The operator on the DUS - NYC route, on the DUS - BKK route, and on the shiny new DUS - LAS nonstop route? EW, one of the dearest LH daughters .

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.

Why is a good aircraft in our country we have some more

Cathay Pacific ending passenger 747 ops from 1 October.

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaMayer View Post
    Why is a good aircraft in our country we have some more
    I know. After I have identified your location, it's all crystal clear. But you'll have to admit one thing. You don't use your 747s for European destinations. Come on, I know that. I'm sitting at the source. Since more than 30 years.

You're always welcome here with your Airbus. Less misunderstandings.

It is an Airbus. The B744 can't be everywhere...

PS: In contrast to a different operator, who flies four-engined jets into my home airport, not all airlines who arrive here from the East are under my special surveillance. 343 is well known here, and long term tested ...
    But that's not the reason. The famous 78 78 arrives here without a problem, with two engines. Ah, let's come back to the topic.

You don't really shred your 747s this year, right?
    Last edited by LH-B744; 08-31-2016 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Aviation language is crystal clear. W5, cleared to land.

Quote Originally Posted by LH-B744 View Post
    I know. After I have identified your location, it's all crystal clear. But you'll have to admit one thing. You don't use your 747s for European destinations. Come on, I know that. I'm sitting at the source. Since more than 30 years.

You're always welcome here with your Airbus. Less misunderstandings.

It is an Airbus. The B744 can't be everywhere...

PS: In contrast to a different operator, who flies four-engined jets into my home airport, not all airlines who arrive here from the East are under my special surveillance. 343 is well known here, and long term tested ...
    But that's not the reason. The famous 78 78 arrives here without a problem, with two engines. Ah, let's come back to the topic.

You don't really shred your 747s this year, right?
    If you are referring to Mahan Air they dont operate 747s anymore to anywhere, the three stored 744s cannot be counted as active, they have even lost their livery, any plans to activate them in the future would have meant the livery would have stayed on.

Rumored that Malaysia Airlines 744 is to return to carrier as the deal to sell it failed, aircraft had flown to Jakarta to be repainted into Eaglexpress Charter livery.

ok noted thanks

Cathay Pacific ending passenger 747 ops from 1 October.
    And the day has come...

Aquilene International have stopped operating their single 743F the only 747 in their fleet, aircraft seems to be now with Trans Avia Export of Belarus.

Aquilene International have stopped operating their single 743F the only 747 in their fleet, aircraft seems to be now with Trans Avia Export of Belarus.
    But Transaero today is the only Russian operator of the B744 passenger version. Or what would you say?

You can bet that I operate the different list: airlines who today operate the 747.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 10-12-2016 at 01:14 AM. Reason: The different list.

Or, let me correct my knowledge about Russia, they were. They transferred their B744s to...

Rossiya.

PS: One nice day, only a few weeks ago, I called our beloved Jetphotos platform, and a tiger looked into my face:
    Put the Irish tigor in yur tank...

The tigger has an Irish reg? Well, why not.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 10-12-2016 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Russian B744s

Continental Airways of Moldova have also stopped operating 747, they had a 742F, so has Astral Aviation of Kenya who had one 744F operated by Atlas.

Continental Airways of Moldova have also stopped operating 747, they had a 742F, so has Astral Aviation of Kenya who had one 744F operated by Atlas.
    Let me ask you one question. Are you a friend of the 747? Or are you disappointed because your country (Pakistan) never in its history operated a B744? You are intelligent.

Don't you wonder why not a single European airline uses OPKC airport?

I am able to understand alot. But as the Donald, ALL men who I observe confess some day! Nobody on this planet asks my country for affection although on worldwide TV, he has never said something positive about Germany.

And that does not only include the Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by LH-B744 View Post
    Let me ask you one question. Are you a friend of the 747? Or are you disappointed because your country (Pakistan) never in its history operated a B744? You are intelligent.

Don't you wonder why not a single European airline uses OPKC airport?.
    No to the first question, the thread is on airlines ditching the 747 nothing more, no personal or national insecurities or complexes involved.

For the second, its because of security issues and ME3, europeans are not the only airlines that have left, Pakistan also had some great east Asian ones as well as Qantas, plus a whole lot of regional carriers from Levant, and central Asia and few from Africa too, all gone, two gulf LCCs have also left despite the high demand for travel between the places.

No to the first question, the thread is on airlines ditching the 747 nothing more, no personal or national insecurities or complexes involved.

For the second, its because of security issues and ME3, europeans are not the only airlines that have left, Pakistan also had some great east Asian ones as well as Qantas, plus a whole lot of regional carriers from Levant, and central Asia and few from Africa too, all gone, two gulf LCCs have also left despite the high demand for travel between the places.
    No to the first question is enough for me. To be honest, a 'yes' would have astonished me.

And, I or my favourite airline has never had a problem with Asian airports like OIIE. And I certainly don't have to tell you which aircraft serves OIIE...

We don't have to discuss that. But I have learned the big difference between Iran and Pakistan. Thank you for this one.

PS: Qantas? We once had a quite prominent Jetphotos forum member from Australia. They must've left Pakistan before they left Germany. So, sorry AJ, but Qantas is not a real European benchmark.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 10-13-2016 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Qantas

^ Some South Asian carriers have also left, so again not just western ones.

As for 747 operators Kam Air of Afghanistan dont operate 747 now, they had one or two 742F leased from another.

^ Some South Asian carriers have also left, so again not just western ones.

As for 747 operators Kam Air of Afghanistan dont operate 747 now, they had one or two 742F leased from another.
    And why should one 747 operator use one of Pakistans airports, since you officially stated, you hate this aircraft?

My # 763 and 764 is for quite a prominent 763ER pilot. Always three greens, my friend.