Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Add to the JPN glossary: Burst Frequency Offset.

Some brilliant minds are working on this. Unfortunately none of them can tell us what caused this to happen.

Comment

• The search has been halted.

They say it is "irresponsible" to halt the underwater search for the Malaysian plane.

Comment

• The authorities have called off the search. They were unable to search for the MH370. In spite of all the efforts the hunt was not successful.
        source: http://flyinganarchy.com/australian-...missing-mh370/

Comment

• Oddball question for you plane experts . . . does a B777 aircraft in its entirety (meaning fully built w/ avionics wings etc etc) contain any rather peculiar or rare metals or substances - for instance uranium as weight/ballast (I totally made that example up simply to illustrate my question)?

Comment

• Originally posted by obmot View Post
            Oddball question for you plane experts . . . does a B777 aircraft in its entirety (meaning fully built w/ avionics wings etc etc) contain any rather peculiar or rare metals or substances - for instance uranium as weight/ballast (I totally made that example up simply to illustrate my question)?
            Ironingy, at KAUS recently, I noticed some flat, black, plastic water containers stacked on a cart...

...They were labeled 'Ballast'

"peculiar or rare substances?"... nope.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by obmot View Post
              Oddball question for you plane experts . . . does a B777 aircraft in its entirety (meaning fully built w/ avionics wings etc etc) contain any rather peculiar or rare metals or substances - for instance uranium as weight/ballast (I totally made that example up simply to illustrate my question)?
              Older 747 aircraft used depleted uranium in the tail for counterbalance weights. I do not know if uranium is still used.

Avionic and electromagnetic components use rare-earth metals

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS: Malaysia Airlines releases unredacted satellite logs for #MH370

Source

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Simulator Data from Computer of MH370 Captain

the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• ATSB Final Report on MH370 Search - October 3, 2017: The Operational Search for MH370

ATSB - CSIRO Drift Report IV, October 3, 2017

Comment

• US company agrees to restart MH370 search in a 'no find no fee' deal

US marine exploration company Ocean Infinity says it’s made “good progress” on a deal to restart the search for missing Malaysian Airlines flight 370, but the contract hasn’t been finalized.

Comment

• According to latest information, the likely crash site is under the Indian Ocean garbage patch. It suggests some pretty maniacal planning, as in "no place within radius of possible travel where search will be harder". Is it possible the captain hated Chinese, to the extent where he'd commit suicide just to killl some? Are they looking at his psychic profile like they did the guy who crashed Germanwings?

Comment

• Ocean Infinity Sets Out to Find Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

The Government of Malaysia announced on Wednesday that Ocean Infinity’s proposal to resume the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has been accepted.
                          Read more:
                          The Government of Malaysia announced on Wednesday that Ocean Infinity’s proposal to resume the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has been accepted. Recovery efforts were paused last January after an estimated $200 million had been spent by the governments of Malaysia, Australia and China with few results. Under the “No cure, no fee” deal, … Continued

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• "Latest report from the ATSB indicates that the flaps were most likely retracted and the rate of descent accelerated to about 25,000 fpm" the debris as a result of the impact at this high speed would be hard to trace I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliviadavid View Post
                              "Latest report from the ATSB indicates that the flaps were most likely retracted and the rate of descent accelerated to about 25,000 fpm" the debris as a result of the impact at this high speed would be hard to trace I think.
                              25000 fpm! You have to love it!

Comment

• Fascinated by this mystery and frustrated by the fact we'll probably never get the true answer. If we ever find the wreckage somehow, even modern recorders won't tell us what happened at the presumed "interesting" time right? We'll just get three hours(?) of hum and some non-interesting flight data.

Having read about the Helios/Payne Stewart incidents, I guess there's still a slim chance of this not being what we all expect it to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X