No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps a giant UFO Plane-napped the 777 somehow. If they can't find any trace of the plane, or any wreckage, well.... And I'm not trying to be a smart a_s here either. I happen to believe in UFO's and I think something is out there. Does anyone else here believe in extra-terrestrials? We have no way of knowing if they would be friendly, benign, or evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick G View Post
      Does anyone else here believe in extra-terrestrials?
      I strongly believe that extra-terrestrials do exist... extraterrestrially.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Guys, I don't know if this is true, but...

A person flying with a stolen passport?
        Yes, it happens. After all passports are stolen for a reason.

Two persons with stolen passports on the same flight?
        Well, its a coincidence.

Both of these persons buying the ticket for the codeshare flight?
        With consecutive ticket numbers?
        On the same date?
        Same agent?
        Same fares?
        And almost same route? KUL - PEK - AMS - FRA/CPH

This doesn't mean that they are involved in downing the plane. But these two persons knew each other. So it's not a coincidence that both of them were on this flight. That's for sure (again, if the above is true).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

This is beginning to look more and more like a sudden malicious event. The 777 is a miraculously safe aircraft in relative terms and I sincerely hope this doesn't tarnish that reputation any more than the attacks of 9/11 tarnished the 767. Now we wait and see.

Comment

But there is still this absent Russian passenger, which would not have booked his ticket by codeshare but via Malaysian. However his story is very disturbing, his passport was stolen, he would have gone to Malaysian board, was not checked-in but nevertheless would appear on the flight register (?!?!).

Comment

However:

Using a system that looks for flashes around the world, the Pentagon reviewed preliminary surveillance data from the area where the plane disappeared and saw no evidence of an explosion, said an American government official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the subject matter is classified.
              Would an explosion within an airframe that caused the airframe to decompress and disintegrate at altitude be incendiary enough to cause a 'flash' detectable by satellite surveillance. I wonder about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                I strongly believe that extra-terrestrials do exist... extraterrestrially.
                You made my day, Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Janj
                  Update: Accordingt to radar, possibility that aircraft was turning back. Airline is still trying to understand it. **spam link removed**
                  Janj, I suggest you don't post stuff here that we can get from the BBC as well (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26502843) and then give us a link to your own commercial website.
                  Last edited by brianw999; 2014-03-09, 18:17.

Comment

Two more fake passports being investigated

"Malaysian Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said that authorities were looking at two more possible cases of suspicious identities. He said Malaysian intelligence agencies were in contact with their international counterparts, including the FBI. He gave no more details.

"All the four names are with me and have been given to our intelligence agencies," he said. "We are looking at all possibilities."

I wonder if those also have sequential tickets compared to those posted by Gabriel...
                    AD.COM BOATPERSON 2001 - 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                      Guys, I don't know if this is true, but...

A person flying with a stolen passport?
                      Yes, it happens. After all passports are stolen for a reason.

Two persons with stolen passports on the same flight?
                      Well, its a coincidence.

Both of these persons buying the ticket for the codeshare flight?
                      With consecutive ticket numbers?
                      On the same date?
                      Same agent?
                      Same fares?
                      And almost same route? KUL - PEK - AMS - FRA/CPH
                      Adding up, Gabriel: same strange route!

Why would they flight KUL-PEK-AMS-xxx (w/o stopover) instead of KUL-AMS-xxx? Both Malaysian Airlines and KLM have direct flights from KL to Amsterdam.

I mean: going through PEK is not just a minor detour! If those pax were just airtravel fanatics for the fun of flying as many routes possible ... but then: *both* on stolen passports - very unlikely!

Comment

• Assuming nefarious activity (which is looking plausible given the stolen passports, no radio transmissions, possible unannounced change of route, lack of obvious debris), then the critical leg would have either been KUL-PEK or PEK-AMS and the rest just to make it less obvious.

But assuming some level of organisation, it seems a bit inept to book consecutive tickets? And would those tickets to two different destinations still have come to the exact same price? Where did these ticket images come from?

Comment

• Stolen passports could be illegal immigration.
                          Remember that those asians are willing to pay $20,000 dollars for a fake visa.
                          A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• If, and I stress if, this news report is correct (and not a hoax/prank) it might be down to a pressurisation problem

A commercial aircraft pilot flying ahead of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 says he briefly heard from the Boeing jetliner minutes after being asked by Vietnamese air traffic control to make radio contact.

The captain, who asked to remain anonymous, told the New Straits Times he heard "mumbling" coming from MH370 before losing the connection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham2001 View Post
                              If, and I stress if, this news report is correct (and not a hoax/prank) it might be down to a pressurisation problem

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/201...airlines-mh370

Do I get this right: that other pilot did not get an answer ... but did not bother about it?

Visit New Straits Times Online for the latest, breaking news on politics, business, sports and entertainment from Malaysia and around the world. Join us today!

Why that pilot only comes up with this story now? More than 24 hours later!

Comment

• What about those news stating that radar data suggests the plane did a turn back?

Does this clearly means the flight crew made a turn back by elective choice? Or could this turn back 'just' be part of a maneuver to rescue the plane a structural and/or engine problem?

Also there are reports of fast descend as observed by the military radar. Would this necessarily mean an inflight desintegration? And/or could it be a rescue maneuver by the crew, to get the plane down to safe altitudes [depressurization, low oxygen].

And for the crazy question - as someone speculated such an hijacking option somewhere on a news site's forum: could such a 'diving maneuver' / acute descend have been done to actually get the plane out of the surveyed by radar airspace and under any radar ... and then continue flying the plane to 'somewhere else' and land safely ... For me this does now make too much sense, but as someone brought this up elsewhere I'd like to know whether this could be excluded right away. But still then: what would you want to do with a 777. And where could you land/re-start it unobserved?

Comment

Working...
                                X