Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2181

Thread: Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

  1. #2161
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    6,129

    Default

    That article was written shortly after the accident and didn't account for what we know now: That the ACARS was off but the satellite link was somehow on doing periodic "handshakes" with the satellite, that radar tracked the plane crossing that airport and the turning tight up the strait of Malacca, that the information recovered from satellite handshakes (burst time offset and burst frequency offset, not accounted for in the article) has the plane then turning left and flying flying towards the Southern Indian Ocean, where it finally crashed (basically the handshakes lasted for as long as the fuel would last).

    Basically, the article is factually and totally wrong and the scenario proposed there just didn't happen. The article says "What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading [from the first turning point to the Palau Langkawi airport], probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless." We still don't know exactly where the plane crashed, but we do know a lot of places where it exactly didn't crash because it is incompatible with the factual information. An on that extended heading from the Palau Langkawi airport it did not crash.

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  2. #2162
    Senior Member BoeingBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That article was written shortly after the accident and didn't account for what we know now: That the ACARS was off but the satellite link was somehow on doing periodic "handshakes" with the satellite, that radar tracked the plane crossing that airport and the turning tight up the strait of Malacca, that the information recovered from satellite handshakes (burst time offset and burst frequency offset, not accounted for in the article) has the plane then turning left and flying flying towards the Southern Indian Ocean, where it finally crashed (basically the handshakes lasted for as long as the fuel would last).

    Basically, the article is factually and totally wrong and the scenario proposed there just didn't happen. The article says "What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading [from the first turning point to the Palau Langkawi airport], probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless." We still don't know exactly where the plane crashed, but we do know a lot of places where it exactly didn't crash because it is incompatible with the factual information. An on that extended heading from the Palau Langkawi airport it did not crash.

    I posted this about a week after the aircraft went missing on Chris Goodfellows blog. Want to find the wreckage? Go look here: Diamantina Deep in Diamantina Trench, at 8,047 m (26,401 ft) deep; Sunda Trench has a depth of 7,258–7,725 m (23,812–25,344 ft).

    Good luck, The Captain planned this very well.

  3. #2163
    Senior Member TeeVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    I posted this about a week after the aircraft went missing on Chris Goodfellows blog. Want to find the wreckage? Go look here: Diamantina Deep in Diamantina Trench, at 8,047 m (26,401 ft) deep; Sunda Trench has a depth of 7,258–7,725 m (23,812–25,344 ft).

    Good luck, The Captain planned this very well.
    lemme go fetch my scuba gear. i should be able to do it on nitrox....

  4. #2164
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    6,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    lemme go fetch my scuba gear. i should be able to do it on nitrox....
    You are weak. Chuck Norris can apnea the black boxes out of there.

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  5. #2165
    Senior Member BoeingBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    lemme go fetch my scuba gear. i should be able to do it on nitrox....

    Now that's funny!

  6. #2166
    Senior Member BoeingBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You are weak. Chuck Norris can apnea the black boxes out of there.
    That's funny too!

  7. #2167
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I read somewhere that the aircraft changed altitude up to 45k feet and down to 25k feet somewhere during these turns.

    Is that confirmed?

  8. #2168
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's youtube channel:

    https://www.youtube.com/user/catalinapby1/feed

    Interestingly you can see what videos he "liked", atheism/gay rights etc are amongst them.

  9. #2169
    Senior Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirwanda View Post
    Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's youtube channel:

    https://www.youtube.com/user/catalinapby1/feed

    Interestingly you can see what videos he "liked", atheism/gay rights etc are amongst them.
    Well, that explains it. Probable causes: civil rights and aethiesm.

  10. #2170
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    6,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Well, that explains it. Probable causes: civil rights and aethiesm.
    Why do you put gay rights but not atheism under civil rights?

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  11. #2171
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Well, that explains it. Probable causes: civil rights and aethiesm.
    Not sure what you mean by this. I wasn't pointing fingers at anything, just wanted to post an informative link to perhaps get some more insight into cpt Zaharie.

    Fwiw, after having learned the captain was indeed an atheist (this information is not only coming from the channel btw) and also doing some (very) amateur human behavioural analysis from the content of his home-made vidoes, my suspicions of him has slightly diminished.

    I just get the feeling he's a really nice guy.

  12. #2172
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I guess on the flipside he also seems very intelligent, which is actually consistent with the most probably scenario so perhaps it ev(a)ns out

  13. #2173
    Senior Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirwanda View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this. I wasn't pointing fingers at anything, just wanted to post an informative link to perhaps get some more insight into cpt Zaharie.

    Fwiw, after having learned the captain was indeed an atheist (this information is not only coming from the channel btw) and also doing some (very) amateur human behavioural analysis from the content of his home-made vidoes, my suspicions of him has slightly diminished.

    I just get the feeling he's a really nice guy.
    Ok, I see where you're going. This would seem to rule out religious fundamentalism, which never made sense here anyway.

    Anyway, we don't really know which pilot might have done this, or even if it was a pilot, or anything else really. And we almost certainly never will.

  14. #2174
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Does everyone have their tinfoil hats ready? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gle-Earth.html
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

    Eric Law

  15. #2175
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elaw View Post
    Does everyone have their tinfoil hats ready? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gle-Earth.html
    Ok, if Google Earth has the airplane 'today', then I'm sure we have sound reasons why it wasn't there in the days closer to the disappearance...

    Great post, though and I will try to keep aware of nanoprobe chemtrails.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  16. #2176
    Senior Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elaw View Post
    Does everyone have their tinfoil hats ready? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gle-Earth.html
    Of course! You want to find something today, you GOOGLE it! Why didn't we think of this...

    It is rather amazing how the 777 can withstand being riddled with bullets, make a controlled landing on the high seas and remain intact. As Joe Petroni would say, she's one hell of a plane.

  17. #2177
    Senior Member BoeingBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8350621.html


    Not that I didn't say this 4 days after the aircraft went missing.

  18. #2178
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    6,129

    Default

    Ocean Infinity, the technology company specializing in collecting high resolution seabed data, today confirms that its current search for the wreckage of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 is shortly coming to an end.

    During the course of its operation, Ocean Infinity searched and collected high quality data from over 112,000 km2 of ocean floor successfully overcoming both challenging conditions and terrain. The total area covered, in a little over 3 months of operational days, is far in excess of the initial 25,000 km2 target and almost the same area as the previous search achieved in 2 ½ years.

    Oliver Plunkett, Ocean Infinity’s CEO, said:

    “I would firstly like to extend the thoughts of everyone at Ocean Infinity to the families of those who have lost loved ones on MH370. Part of our motivation for renewing the search was to try to provide some answers to those affected. It is therefore with a heavy heart that we end our current search without having achieved that aim.
    http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b/0541&opt=0

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  19. #2179
    Member James Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    43°29'04.4"S 172°31'30.7"E
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Ocean Infinity currently approaching the location of the pings detected by the Chinese vessel in 2014.
    AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

    Quote Originally Posted by orangehuggy View Post
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

  20. #2180
    Senior Member brianw999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent. UK.
    Posts
    11,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    Ocean Infinity currently approaching the location of the pings detected by the Chinese vessel in 2014.
    But will they search that area or are they stopping now ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •