No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible hijacking? Transponder turned off, plane flown to country that supports terrorism to be used later as flying bomb?

Comment

• Originally posted by phoneman View Post
      Possible hijacking? Transponder turned off, plane flown to country that supports terrorism to be used later as flying bomb?
      No clue. Maybe. As I said: this was brought up elsewhere, therefore my question if this would be in any case realistic. Or just completely unrealistic!

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
        Stolen passports could be illegal immigration.
        Remember that those asians are willing to pay $20,000 dollars for a fake visa.
        You mean those two just happened to buy their stolen passports (stolen at different places at different times, one of the passport has been 'sleeping' for about 2 years), maybe even from the same dealer just to get out to Europe. But why would they then fly to different final destinations? I mean: booking the tickets together (consecutive ticket numbers) from the same ticket office does imply some relationship within the two, right? Esp. with this strange itinerary.

Comment

• When one asks "is it possible that..." the answer is almost always "yes, because it's not impossible". And with the little we know so far, this case is not an exception, rather almost anything is possible at this stage.

Kidnapping, transponder off, ACARS circuit breaker pulled, dive to below pirmmary radar coverage (maybe while turning), make a scud run and land in some flat desert (at night!!!).

If it's type that the plane was under military radar surveillance, then they must have the track of the plane until very low when it went below radar, If they have enough technology, they would have not only the track but also a rough estimation of the altitude along it (3D radar). And they are withholding this information to the public.

Impossible? No. Unlikely.

That said, 777s disappear in cruise very seldom (like... never before?), so whatever happen to this plane it will likely be a "very unlikely" thing.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by eTang View Post
            You mean those two just happened to buy their stolen passports (stolen at different places at different times, one of the passport has been 'sleeping' for about 2 years), maybe even from the same dealer just to get out to Europe. But why would they then fly to different final destinations? I mean: booking the tickets together (consecutive ticket numbers) from the same ticket office does imply some relationship within the two, right? Esp. with this strange itinerary.
            I assume the passports were sold by the same dealer, the package includes stolen european passport, fake drivers licenses, fake work permit and air ticket to anywhere in Europe. And probably a fake Medical License or fake Dentist License for the same price. Any chinese would accept this combo. I wonder if it includes a free car rental?
            A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• usually the simplest answer is the right answer....and the two passports cant be a coincidence with the facts we know. a hyjacking.....weapon goes off cause de-pressurisation..pilot turns and goes lower....second weapon (bomb??) detonates.
              dont understand the secondary flight booking....but maybe they didnt know which one they was gonna take??

reports are they have found a door

Comment

• Could you please tell us where you got the information about the door found?

Comment

• Originally posted by andyb99 View Post
                  reports are they have found a door
                  Already denied.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Edited, statement in brackets is my first statement

(Could not see that denial, sorry!
                    Where was it posted?)

Are you referring to the information allegedly provided by Malaysian authorities, posted on the Aviation Herald forum?

Quote from Aviation Herald: "In the evening of Mar 9th 2014 local time Malaysia's Transport Ministry reported, that no trace of the missing aircraft has been found at dawn Mar 9th after two days of search. The oil slicks as well as debris found so far are not related to the aircraft. Rumours like other crew establishing contact to the accident flight after radar contact was lost, phone contact to a mobile phone of one the passengers of the missing flight or the aircraft having landed in China or Vietnam, are false."

It is almost midnight in KL now. Evening was 5-6 hours ago. Having said that, I would agree that it is less likely to find debris in an air search after sunset.
                    Last edited by Passion for flying; 2014-03-09, 15:57. Reason: Realised that information not available on this forum was possibly referred to

Comment

• Sorry if this is an ignorant question - I'm not on par with you guys.

Aren't the boxes supposed to have "pingers"? Wouldn't these be heard, especially since most water in this area is relatively shallow?

Denise

Comment

• Yes, they would, but there are at least two requirements:

1) The devices are still intact after hitting the water at an unknown speed and angle
                        2) The search vessel has the appropriate listening equipment to hear the locators.

Then of course, they would have to look in the approximate right place. The acoustic output power is limited, due to the power available (batteries).
                        The area is not huge, but large enough to be a factor.
                        The distance of open water between the Malaysian east coast and the peak of the Vietnamese south coast is roughly 200 miles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Passion for flying View Post
                          Edited, statement in brackets is my first statement

(Could not see that denial, sorry!
                          Where was it posted?)
                          Sorry. I'm checking many sources all the time and I don't remember which one it was. I think it was some US newspaper's website.

Comment

• Ok - thanks for your response!

Comment

• When you really get down to it, there is no confirmed information here whatsoever other than there was a pair (maybe more) traveling with fake passports and military radar might show a change of course with a descent. Another pilot may have heard mumbling but didn't bring it up until some 24 hours later. My favorite, however is the "fuel slick" that is clearly not jet-a.

Listen, if I'm asked to help establish communications with a lost aircraft, I'm going to mention the mumbling and if I check my fuel before a flight and it's green slime, I might not fly that plane.

I just don't see how any theories are much more than a wild ass guess at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                                Sorry. I'm checking many sources all the time and I don't remember which one it was. I think it was some US newspaper's website.
                                Thatīs perfectly OK Gabriel!

I am reading a handful of sources too. This occurrence bugs me. No physical trace. It looks like the aircraft vanished completety, which of course can not be the case. The search area is in relative terms much smaller than the south atlantic where AF went down, and with a lot more activity on the surface as well as in the air. Still nothing. Hm.
                                At the back of my mind thereīs a question; maybe it did not end up in the water at all-? Just a silly thought I guess-

Comment

Working...
                                X