Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 2,161 to 2,166 of 2166

Thread: Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

That article was written shortly after the accident and didn't account for what we know now: That the ACARS was off but the satellite link was somehow on doing periodic "handshakes" with the satellite, that radar tracked the plane crossing that airport and the turning tight up the strait of Malacca, that the information recovered from satellite handshakes (burst time offset and burst frequency offset, not accounted for in the article) has the plane then turning left and flying flying towards the Southern Indian Ocean, where it finally crashed (basically the handshakes lasted for as long as the fuel would last).

Basically, the article is factually and totally wrong and the scenario proposed there just didn't happen. The article says "What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading [from the first turning point to the Palau Langkawi airport], probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless." We still don't know exactly where the plane crashed, but we do know a lot of places where it exactly didn't crash because it is incompatible with the factual information. An on that extended heading from the Palau Langkawi airport it did not crash.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That article was written shortly after the accident and didn't account for what we know now: That the ACARS was off but the satellite link was somehow on doing periodic "handshakes" with the satellite, that radar tracked the plane crossing that airport and the turning tight up the strait of Malacca, that the information recovered from satellite handshakes (burst time offset and burst frequency offset, not accounted for in the article) has the plane then turning left and flying flying towards the Southern Indian Ocean, where it finally crashed (basically the handshakes lasted for as long as the fuel would last).

Basically, the article is factually and totally wrong and the scenario proposed there just didn't happen. The article says "What I think happened is the flight crew was overcome by smoke and the plane continued on the heading [from the first turning point to the Palau Langkawi airport], probably on George (autopilot), until it ran out of fuel or the fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. You will find it along that route–looking elsewhere is pointless." We still don't know exactly where the plane crashed, but we do know a lot of places where it exactly didn't crash because it is incompatible with the factual information. An on that extended heading from the Palau Langkawi airport it did not crash.

I posted this about a week after the aircraft went missing on Chris Goodfellows blog. Want to find the wreckage? Go look here: Diamantina Deep in Diamantina Trench, at 8,047 m (26,401 ft) deep; Sunda Trench has a depth of 7,258–7,725 m (23,812–25,344 ft).

Good luck, The Captain planned this very well.

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    I posted this about a week after the aircraft went missing on Chris Goodfellows blog. Want to find the wreckage? Go look here: Diamantina Deep in Diamantina Trench, at 8,047 m (26,401 ft) deep; Sunda Trench has a depth of 7,258–7,725 m (23,812–25,344 ft).

Good luck, The Captain planned this very well.
    lemme go fetch my scuba gear. i should be able to do it on nitrox....

Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    You are weak. Chuck Norris can apnea the black boxes out of there.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post

Now that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You are weak. Chuck Norris can apnea the black boxes out of there.
    That's funny too!