Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
    Are we sure it is 9M-MRO? I've seen that reg. mentioned, but no one saying for certain.
    Totally unsubstantiated report thus far.

Comment

Would you want to announce to the world that you had lost a 777 with 239 people on board until you were sure it was missing? They probably notified their government very quickly. Telling the media before they knew anything certain would be pointless.
      Are we sure it is 9M-MRO? I've seen that reg. mentioned, but no one saying for certain.
      We get it nothing is certain . Close the thread , wait for the report.

Thread police .

Comment

Oh cool it.

Comment

I believe FlightAware is based on ACARS and other downlink streams. This might mean a sudden disappearance of that data as well. Something catastrophic I fear.

Comment

There was no mayday call.

Also, the announcement came close to when the aircraft would have run out of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
              Unofficlal reports are 9M-MRO delivered in 2002.
              It is and it's the same aircraft involved in this

A taxiing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 passenger plane (9M-MRO), flight MH389, contaced the elevator of a China Eastern Airlines A340 plane, flight MU583 B-6050, waiting on the taxiway at...
              AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
              the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

News conference coming up in about 15 minutes according to Fox and CNN.

Comment

Unconfirmed reports that it landed safely in Nanming, China

I find this hard to believe but I sure hope I'm wrong.

edit: Probably nonsense. China says it never showed up in their airspace.

the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

flightradar24 has it over the ocean, while flightaware does not.

Why the difference?

Comment

Notice anything unusual here?

Comment

"Bowing"

That's what you get with Piers Morgan. There is a reason CNN is getting rid of him.

That said, China has said that it has not landed in their country.

Comment

The media really makes a head hurt.

I'm no expert on aviation, but I often know more than the so called "experts" they dig up.

Comment

Having flown over the Gulf if Thailand many times no doubt it will turn up soon.
                            The Gulf is full of thousands and i mean thousands of fishing boats.
                            Enough that you coukd almost mistake the water for a star filled sky.
                            The weather in my experience is generally fairly benign this time of year with the monsoon in the Southern hemisphere.
                            Ho Chi Monh uses datalink for primary comms so getting out a distress message would not be as easy as via Vhfut a call should of if possible been put out on vhf anyway.
                            Sounds sudden..guess we will find out at some point soon but i doubt it will be long just due to the incredible number of shipping traffic.

Comment

According to the BBC, the aircraft lost contact with Ho Chi Minh City Air Traffic Control at 01:20am local time.

Comment

I wonder if they are equipped with a cospas/sarsat ELT?
                                A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Working...
                                X