Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

ATC in that area is based on procedural control or ADS-B. The sudden disappearance from "radar" could just mean electrical or transponder failure, not necessarily total breakup. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKiecker View Post
    Lets not be babes in the woods and try to reinvent the wheel here. It was at FL 35 at 500kts. and vanished. No SOS , no recovery of wreckage in a shallow gulf after 24 searching hours . It blew to bits. Why ?

Enough soft talk.
    There is no great expectation concerning something that can be compared to a "romantic" ship wreck la "Titanic",
    which only broke into 2 pieces.
    Agreed.

But imho, "fisher boats" as the only participants in a SAR mission is just as naive/romantic. How fast is such a boat,
    or how many minutes does such a boat need to cross the ocean between Malaysia and Vietnam?

There is a discrepancy between "MH-B772ER disappeared from the screens" and "arrival of the first boat in the SAR area".

So, I developed the spontaneous idea of searching by B744. I know, this is not perfect either, high and (very) fast, compared to a boat,
    if we talk about scheduled B744s...

So, what can we do?
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ATCBob View Post
    ATC in that area is based on procedural control or ADS-B. The sudden disappearance from "radar" could just mean electrical or transponder failure, not necessarily total breakup. Just saying.
    But this is not a super longhaul flight. You don't need 12 hours for this route. So, where is the B772ER?

Not in Beijing, afaik.
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LH-B744 View Post
    But this is not a super longhaul flight. You don't need 12 hours for this route. So, where is the B772ER?

Not in Beijing, afaik.
    Sounds like another TWA800
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Quote Originally Posted by TheKiecker View Post
    Lets not be babes in the woods and try to reinvent the wheel here. It was at FL 35 at 500kts. and vanished. No SOS , no recovery of wreckage in a shallow gulf after 24 searching hours . It blew to bits.
    Or it's submerged in one piece.

Or, most likely, neither.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

If this is true, it's very bad news:

The Malaysian Civil Aviation General has confirmed at press conference just broadcast on Sky News that no ACARS message linking to malfunctions of the aircraft were sent to Malaysia Airlines Operations Centre.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

hope this is not a more widespread Bojinka type operation. the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet
    moving quickly in air

Italian and Austrian passengers' itinerary revealed:

{Italian} ticket no. 784- ******099 ( KL [MH370]->Beijing[KL898]->Amsterdam[KL1139]->Copenhagen)

{Austrian} ticket no. 784- ******100 ( KL [MH370]->Beijing[KL898]->Amsterdam[KL1775]->Frankfurt)
    @ orangehuggy - you've made my signature
    AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Quote Originally Posted by orangehuggy View Post
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Quote Originally Posted by Janj View Post
    Update: Accordingt to radar, possibility that aircraft was turning back. Airline is still trying to understand it. *** spam URL removed by moderator***
    Turning back without contacting air=traffic control?
    Last edited by brianw999; 03-09-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
    Turning back without contacting air=traffic control?
    yes, according to info given so far

Perhaps a giant UFO Plane-napped the 777 somehow. If they can't find any trace of the plane, or any wreckage, well.... And I'm not trying to be a smart a_s here either. I happen to believe in UFO's and I think something is out there. Does anyone else here believe in extra-terrestrials? We have no way of knowing if they would be friendly, benign, or evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
    Does anyone else here believe in extra-terrestrials?
    I strongly believe that extra-terrestrials do exist... extraterrestrially.

Guys, I don't know if this is true, but...

A person flying with a stolen passport?
    Yes, it happens. After all passports are stolen for a reason.

Two persons with stolen passports on the same flight?
    Well, its a coincidence.

Both of these persons buying the ticket for the codeshare flight?
    With consecutive ticket numbers?
    On the same date?
    Same agent?
    Same fares?
    And almost same route? KUL - PEK - AMS - FRA/CPH

This doesn't mean that they are involved in downing the plane. But these two persons knew each other. So it's not a coincidence that both of them were on this flight. That's for sure (again, if the above is true).

This is beginning to look more and more like a sudden malicious event. The 777 is a miraculously safe aircraft in relative terms and I sincerely hope this doesn't tarnish that reputation any more than the attacks of 9/11 tarnished the 767. Now we wait and see.

But there is still this absent Russian passenger, which would not have booked his ticket by codeshare but via Malaysian. However his story is very disturbing, his passport was stolen, he would have gone to Malaysian board, was not checked-in but nevertheless would appear on the flight register (?!?!).

However:

Using a system that looks for flashes around the world, the Pentagon reviewed preliminary surveillance data from the area where the plane disappeared and saw no evidence of an explosion, said an American government official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the subject matter is classified.
    Would an explosion within an airframe that caused the airframe to decompress and disintegrate at altitude be incendiary enough to cause a 'flash' detectable by satellite surveillance. I wonder about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I strongly believe that extra-terrestrials do exist... extraterrestrially.
    You made my day, Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by Janj View Post
    Update: Accordingt to radar, possibility that aircraft was turning back. Airline is still trying to understand it. **spam link removed**
    Janj, I suggest you don't post stuff here that we can get from the BBC as well (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26502843) and then give us a link to your own commercial website.
    Last edited by brianw999; 03-09-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Two more fake passports being investigated

"Malaysian Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said that authorities were looking at two more possible cases of suspicious identities. He said Malaysian intelligence agencies were in contact with their international counterparts, including the FBI. He gave no more details.

"All the four names are with me and have been given to our intelligence agencies," he said. "We are looking at all possibilities."

I wonder if those also have sequential tickets compared to those posted by Gabriel...
    AD.COM BOATPERSON 2001 - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Guys, I don't know if this is true, but...

A person flying with a stolen passport?
    Yes, it happens. After all passports are stolen for a reason.

Two persons with stolen passports on the same flight?
    Well, its a coincidence.

Both of these persons buying the ticket for the codeshare flight?
    With consecutive ticket numbers?
    On the same date?
    Same agent?
    Same fares?
    And almost same route? KUL - PEK - AMS - FRA/CPH
    Adding up, Gabriel: same strange route!

Why would they flight KUL-PEK-AMS-xxx (w/o stopover) instead of KUL-AMS-xxx? Both Malaysian Airlines and KLM have direct flights from KL to Amsterdam.

I mean: going through PEK is not just a minor detour! If those pax were just airtravel fanatics for the fun of flying as many routes possible ... but then: *both* on stolen passports - very unlikely!